The Republican Utopia

9 hours ago, FrankWheeler said:

4 different judges, including one appointed by President Trump, have upheld the Mueller investigation!  https://www.wsj.com/articles/fourth-judge-upholds-mueller-appointment-1534179190

Where have you been?

And a variety of legal scholars have said it’s unconstitutional. I’d love to hear what the Supremes’ view of it is. 

8 hours ago, commando said:

my guess is he has been at Q-Anon 

Well that wasn’t very nice.

:lol:

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

And a variety of legal scholars have said it’s unconstitutional. I’d love to hear what the Supremes’ view of it is. 

Well that wasn’t very nice.

:lol:

You make a claim that the probe is illegal, that Mueller is far outreaching his jurisdiction. Several posters provide sources confirming he is well within his defined bounds (job description as you called it), is doing what you have suggested with unrelated crimes he is uncovering, and that there is even precedence on his side.

Do you think that you're refuting everyone else's sources with this kind of response? 

• Plus1 5

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Can you let me know who they are?  I'm interested in reading about their arguments and why we should hold their opinion in higher regard than the four judges that have ruled that it is constitutional.  

20 minutes ago, FrankWheeler said:

Can you let me know who they are?  I'm interested in reading about their arguments and why we should hold there opinion in higher regard than the four judges that have ruled that it is constitutional.  

Jeanine Pirro, judge Jeanine, justice Jeanine, and judge pirro

• Plus1 5
15 hours ago, mrandyk said:

You make a claim that the probe is illegal, that Mueller is far outreaching his jurisdiction. Several posters provide sources confirming he is well within his defined bounds (job description as you called it), is doing what you have suggested with unrelated crimes he is uncovering, and that there is even precedence on his side.

Do you think that you're refuting everyone else's sources with this kind of response? 

I’m pointing out there are opinions on both sides on that issue. Jonathan Turley and Alan Dershowitz have been particularly outspoken.

3 hours ago, FrankWheeler said:

Can you let me know who they are?  I'm interested in reading about their arguments and why we should hold their opinion in higher regard than the four judges that have ruled that it is constitutional.  

All you have to do to find that sort of information is go to google.com and type: mueller probe unconstitutional into the search bar.

Here are some examples.

http://time.com/5292170/robert-mueller-special-counsel-unconstitutional-steven-calabresi/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/23/levin-mueller-probe-unconstitutional/

https://www.newsweek.com/can-trump-fire-mueller-if-he-was-never-hired-696499

"The President's entitled to having an attorney general he has faith in, somebody that is qualified for the job and I think there will come a time sooner rather than later where it will be time to have a new face and a fresh voice at the Department of Justice. Clearly, Attorney General Sessions doesn't have the confidence of the President," Graham said.

Less than 1 month ago Graham said there “would be holy hell to pay” if Trump fired Sessions.

What happened in the interim?

• Plus1 1

So we go from Trump didn't do anything to its illegal to look into this. How can you defend that position? Clearly, its a grey area at best and clearly something jenky is afoot. Why don't you want to know what happened? You'll say because this is a witch hunt designed to slander our President. But if that is true, why is there mountains of evidence against Manafort, why did Cohen flip in the face of mountains of evidence against him? 

• Plus1 2
10 hours ago, FrankWheeler said:

I was going to quote this saying, "All you have to do is just go to google and look it up yourself", in a sort of predictive humorous way, and then I went to bed forgetting.

But after seeing the expected response I'm sad I didn't.

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I’m pointing out there are opinions on both sides on that issue. Jonathan Turley and Alan Dershowitz have been particularly outspoken.

I could claim that I invented the question mark, and without any backing evidence it will be just as valid as the claims you've posed here. Your right to an opinion doesn't make it a valid one.

• Plus1 1