The Republican Utopia

4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

In the past couple days I have commented in here I have provided facts about the Kavanaugh hearing and the lack of evidence with Ford. As it relates to other threads I have provided facts about the Right track/Wrong Track trends in this country as well as about the record low unemployment among blacks and hispanics. These are not made up no matter what you want to think.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I've read quite a few of your posts and I haven't seen you post any evidence of facts.  You have posted your opinions...which we may disagree with but welcome in the forum.  But...can you point to posts where you have stated facts and backed them up with data?

42939527_888397822132_629864875166584012

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I've read quite a few of your posts and I haven't seen you post any evidence of facts.  You have posted your opinions...which we may disagree with but welcome in the forum.  But...can you point to posts where you have stated facts and backed them up with data?

So are you disputing that black and hispanic unemployment are at record lows, or that the RCP right track numbers are not showing improvement under Trump?

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Might want to look up one post.  I never said I disagreed with the black and hispanic unemployment rates being record lows.

The point is that there are opinions posted on here by everyone and many do not have direct facts or data sources. If everyone on here wants to play by the rule that no opinions are allowed and only posts with hard facts can be presented I am fine with that but I would expect you to help hold all others accountable. I dont personally believe that is what the majority on here would want though.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

The point is that there are opinions posted on here by everyone and many do not have direct facts or data sources. If everyone on here wants to play by the rule that no opinions are allowed and only posts with hard facts can be presented I am fine with that but I would expect you to help hold all others accountable. I dont personally believe that is what the majority on here would want though.

I think if you hung out here longer, your opinion on that would change.....if you're willing to have an open discussion.  There are quite a few on here that post credible information just like the chart Qmany posted above.

The problem is when a chart like that is posted and someone from the Trump supporters side responds with....well....you can manipulate charts.

I honestly don't have a problem giving credit where it is due.  One of my biggest problems with Trump from the beginning is his constant...."I've done more than any other President in History".  Or.....his claims that everything was horrible right up until he was elected....then all of a sudden the economy is fantastic.  What a load of BS.

This economy has been building and being strong since around 2009.  My industry that I work in has been growing steadily since then and we touch all over North America.  

But...the constant load of BS that Trump spews about how he's so awesome..bla bla bla......meanwhile....he has the ag economy in the tank and that's a major long term driving force for the rest of the economy.

• Plus1 5
1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

So are you disputing that black and hispanic unemployment are at record lows, or that the RCP right track numbers are not showing improvement under Trump?

Surely you can see why the “lowest unemployment ever” measure doesn’t have the meaning Trump is placing on it. He’s even gone as far as saying, because of this #, that he’s so much better for Blacks than Obama was. How can anyone look at the chart QMany posted and make that claim?

The correct measure to look at in comparing the 2 is what the rate of decrease is, and it’s about the same for both. That’s something to be proud of, without bragging and tearing down what Obama did. He doesn’t even need to mention Obama. He can just talk about the steady decrease instead of claiming things got so much better for Blacks because of this # — they didn’t.

And here’s a great example of why this is a bad measure to look at and you need to look at the trend/rate:

The homeownership rate for black Americans has fallen since Trump became president to 41.6 percent, according to the Census Bureau.

https://www.apnews.com/d7a35c3d0ad342ad8b3a041226f06746

I don’t know if the above still holds true but let’s pretend it does for the sake of argument. If other people use the same argument that Trump uses for Black unemployment, it’s extremely easy to throw the same argument back at him on any topic. It’s called cherry picking the data. All you have to do is find any data point where things are worse now than they were the day he took over, and that isn’t fair. Just like it isn’t fair to say Trump fixed something when the trend is exactly the same as it has been for years.

Same thing goes with his “highest stock prices ever” brag. They then took a tumble and then suddenly he stopped talking about them. The real measure of success on these things is trend, not the final data point.

Another way to say it’s a bad measure to look at — if the Black unemployment rate is the same in 2020 as it is today, it would still be the lowest ever. But the rate of decrease for Trump would be much worse than it was for Obama. It should be obvious that a plateau here would indicate that Trump didn’t do as much to improve things as Obama did. I’m not saying I think this will happen. Just trying to explain why the final data point is not a good measure of success.

• Plus1 2
15 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Now with Obama that is not as simple....he was and still is a hyper idealogue and refused to meet in the middle. Trumps approach to governing is actually closer to Clintons than Obamas was.  

Question.

What has Trump done to "meet in the middle" or even try to welcome people who disagree with him?

I'm really interested in this answer because, living in central Nebraska, I'm good friends with lots of Trump supporters.  And...pretty much all of them...the thing they love about him the most is that he DOESN'T meet in the middle and he doesn't give a s#!t what anyone on the other side thinks.  I watch clips of his rally's and the biggest cheers come when he ridicules the other side and says the most controversial things about them.  Is that somehow meeting in the middle or trying to work with them?

So....I find your post puzzling.

• Plus1 2

I wanted to go back to this now that I'm off my phone and at a computer.  I'll add my comments about why this is a farce in the Republican party right now.

16 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Limited and constitutional government.

As long as that constitution meets your agenda. They want freedom of religion...as long as it's Christian.  (see their views on other religions practicing in the US.)

They want freedom of speech....as long as that speech doesn't make them uncomfortable.  (See their views on football players kneeling)

They want freedom of the press....as long as it's Fox News, Brietbart, Infowars....bla bla bla.....If someone criticizes Trump.....they should be shut down.

A strong border and a strong military.  

They respect the military....until they get caught and become a POW or MIA.

Prioritizing the interests of America over those of the rest of the world.

I'll give you this with Trump....as long as his own personal financial interests aren't in conflict. 

Equal protection under the law.

As long as you don't get upset when people in your community are being shot by police.  Then...you're supposed to shut up, stand up, get in line and take it.  You should respect law enforcement.  Well....unless they are investigating you....then they are fair game.

Due process. NOT falsely and cynically accusing the other side's judicial nominees of sexual assault and gang rape in order to gain political advantage. 

Qmany pretty much made this one laughable. But....I'll throw out the Central Park 5, Obama being a Muslim Kenyan and many of the scandals the Republicans tried tying to the Clintons over the years. 

I can give examples of pretty much every single one of these where Trump is a complete fake.

PS....after second thought.....maybe this post makes me even more a part of the evil resistance.

• Plus1 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

And this is a prime example of why more on the right refuse to engage in this forum. If you offer a different point of view and provide facts or examples you are labeled a troll. 

There are plenty of people all over the spectrum that engage and enjoy P&R. There are plenty who disagree on pretty much every topic imaginable and still have good conversation and feel heard/welcome/respected.

Any particular person (not naming any names) not being received well has nothing to do with being on the right. The label of troll is an accurate one. Not the fault of anyone else if the number of trolls is disproportionately represented by one side of the political ideology. Those people can go ahead and refuse to engage in this forum. The rest of us are much better for it. 

• Plus1 2

Yawn. Anything beyond HuffPo talking points?

What have Republicans done to deny others the freedom of religion?

I’m in favor of kneeling and respectful political protests. 

I’ve defended black Americans who were abused by the police.

Numerous Republicans, including McCain made clear that Obama wasn’t a Muslim Kenyan.

You’re taking the fringe idiots and blaming the whole party for them. That’s a two way street. So unless you want to answer for the words and actions of Lena Dunham and others of her ilk, be careful.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Numerous Republicans, including McCain made clear that Obama wasn’t a Muslim Kenyan.

You’re taking the fringe idiots and blaming the whole party for them. 

...should we tell him which fringe idiot pushed the Obama was a Muslim Kenyan narrative, or...?

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yawn. Anything beyond HuffPo talking points?

What have Republicans done to deny others the freedom of religion?  Voting in a President partly based on his desire to ban all Muslims from the US. 

I’m in favor of kneeling and respectful political protests.  But yet you support a President who demonizes people who do so.  Pretty much going agains the constitution..you know....as the leader of the party that is supposed to be all about the constitution.

I’ve defended black Americans who were abused by the police.  Good for you.

Numerous Republicans, including McCain made clear that Obama wasn’t a Muslim Kenyan.  LOL....The President spent most of the last 10 years proclaiming this fact....and he despised everything about McCain. 

You’re taking the fringe idiots and blaming the whole party for them. That’s a two way street. So unless you want to answer for the words and actions of Lena Dunham and others of her ilk, be careful.  Is the bolded referring to Trump? 

• Plus1 3