The Republican Utopia

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Are people who think the KKK and BLM are an apples to apples comparison worth arguing with?

Perhaps those who are still sympathetic to BLM today and refuse to call them out while arguing against other hate groups like KKK are not worth arguing with....that might be a better way to put it.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

@HuskerNation1 I can honestly say I have never supported or voted for any of the politicians who have supported BLM.

Can you say the same thing about politicians who support police violence against black people and do things that make the KKK and Neo Nazis proud?

Again, when has Trump called for violence against black people?  I have heard him talk over and over about how sad it is so many blacks are killing each other in Chicago and other cities.  Also, Trump has never once said the KKK is good and has condemned those groups.  Obama did the opposite with BLM.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Again, when has Trump called for violence against black people?  I have heard him talk over and over about how sad it is so many blacks are killing each other in Chicago and other cities.  Also, Trump has never once said the KKK is good and has condemned those groups.  Obama did the opposite with BLM.

When did Obama call for violence against White people? 

Equating BLM with the KKK is disingenuous and a major false equivalency.

There are plenty of bad actors who have done terrible things in the name of BLM, sure - that's because it's a grassroots movement and as such has the ability to be co-opted by people. Anyone doing something bad can SAY they are a part of #BLM - it's up to you to decide individually if you want to do the research and believe if they accurately represent it or not. I can say I'm a Nebraska Cornhusker while I'm playing football in the backyard, but it's obvious by my ability/action/status that I am not. Not so easy with something like this, but come on, do a little bit of intellectual legwork.

Point to any violence/horrific thing done "in the name" of BLM and anyone can easily point to 12 instances where it was condemned, or instances of good/peaceful/anti-violent action.

Per the BLM website:

Every day, we recommit to healing ourselves and each other, and to co-creating alongside comrades, allies, and family a culture where each person feels seen, heard, and supported. 

We acknowledge, respect, and celebrate differences and commonalities.

We work vigorously for freedom and justice for Black people and, by extension, all people.

We intentionally build and nurture a beloved community that is bonded together through a beautiful struggle that is restorative, not depleting.

We are unapologetically Black in our positioning. In affirming that Black Lives Matter, we need not qualify our position. To love and desire freedom and justice for ourselves is a prerequisite for wanting the same for others.

We see ourselves as part of the global Black family, and we are aware of the different ways we are impacted or privileged as Black people who exist in different parts of the world.

We are guided by the fact that all Black lives matter, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, immigration status, or location.

We make space for transgender brothers and sisters to participate and lead.

We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.

We build a space that affirms Black women and is free from sexism, misogyny, and environments in which men are centered.

We practice empathy. We engage comrades with the intent to learn about and connect with their contexts.

We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

We foster a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).

We cultivate an intergenerational and communal network free from ageism. We believe that all people, regardless of age, show up with the capacity to lead and learn.

We embody and practice justice, liberation, and peace in our engagements with one another.

Go ahead and disagree and then I'll spam dozens of links of BLM being anti violence, anti riot, anti hate, etc.

• Plus1 2

16 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

He promoted the organization BLM that attacked whites and police officers in general (see videos shared above).

How did he "promote" BLM? Can you post a video showing his support for the fringe part of BLM that calls for the murder of police officers?

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

How did he "promote" BLM? Can you post a video showing his support for the fringe part of BLM that calls for the murder of police officers?

Here is just one video where he tried to dance around BLM's nasty protests.  I would have liked to have seen Obama come out and publicly condemn BLM as an organization just as Trump did with the KKK.  

Man, I've never read the entire text of Trump's NYT ad before. This is the candidate and proud President of the evangelical Christian base? Dear god.

6 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I would have liked to have seen Obama come out and publicly condemn BLM as an organization just as Trump did with the KKK.  

There would be no use for that, because BLM is not a condemnable organization worthy of it.

2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Man, I've never read the entire text of Trump's NYT ad before. This is the candidate and proud President of the evangelical Christian base? Dear god.

There would be no use for that, because BLM is not a condemnable organization worthy of it.

So with this guilt by association mentality used in here, you must support racism and violence against cops since you do not believe BLM should be condemned.  I have hard that because fringe elements on the right support Trump that Trump and his supporters must somehow support them too.  

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Here is just one video where he tried to dance around BLM's nasty protests.  I would have liked to have seen Obama come out and publicly condemn BLM as an organization just as Trump did with the KKK.  

Did he call them "very fine people" like Trump did with the KKK?