The Republican Utopia

4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

So with this guilt by association mentality used in here, you must support racism and violence against cops since you do not believe BLM should be condemned.  I have hard that because fringe elements on the right support Trump that Trump and his supporters must somehow support them too.  

Trump's supporters do not support white supremacy or hate groups just by virtue of being Trump supporters. That is of course not true - we all know good, decent, honest, loving people who voted for Trump. 

Trump himself on the other hand, and many members of his administration and his political climate, are a bit of a different story, and the literal connections as well as the intellectual connections are much more numerous and prevalent than just, "Some fringe people support him".

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Did he call them "very fine people" like Trump did with the KKK?

If you are talking about the protests at Charlottesville that turned nasty, he said there were fine people on both sides and really bad people on both sides, including Antifa which is another Left organization that should be condemned by more Democrats.  The left does what they do best...try to make things a circus and find ways to bash Trump and Republicans and get the media to jump in the mob mentality.  This happened with the illegal child separation earlier this year....it became the biggest deal in the world, but when images and evidence was shown the same thing happened under Obama, things got quiet. 

1 minute ago, Landlord said:

Trump's supporters do not support white supremacy or hate groups just by virtue of being Trump supporters. That is of course not true - we all know good, decent, honest, loving people who voted for Trump. 

Trump himself on the other hand, and many members of his administration and his political climate, are a bit of a different story, and the literal connections as well as the intellectual connections are much more numerous and prevalent than just, "Some fringe people support him".

Please share with me the many connections Trump himself has had with the KKK.  None of this crap about how Steve Bannon who believes in economic nationalism and America First is somehow a big proponent of the KKK and because Trump had him on his staff Trump is supportive of the KKK.  Actual evidence where Trump said he felt the KKK was a good thing for America.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

If you are talking about the protests at Charlottesville that turned nasty, he said there were fine people on both sides

Yes, I know what Trump said about the KKK. Obama didn't say the same, or anything similar about the man who shot the police officers in Dallas.  That's where the problem lies.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Yes, I know what Trump said about the KKK. Obama didn't say the same, or anything similar about the man who shot the police officers in Dallas.  That's where the problem lies.

I just shared the video where Trump publicly condemned the KKK and neo-nazis.  Are you saying Obama was not willing to say the same about BLM?

• Plus1 2

Listen, equating BLM with the KKK is a bull$h!t argument. Moiraine is right, it's not even worthy of debate.

As to Trump specifically saying that the KKK is good for America, I doubt he has publicly said any such thing. But he spouts racist and xenophobic crap and supports racist and xenophobic ideologies. There are numerous examples of Trump promoting racism. Crap loads of examples. Just because he hasn't made a public comment about the KKK doesn't mean he doesn't feed into their beliefs and court their support.

I've interviewed many racists throughout the years during workplace investigations, but no one ever admits that they are racist. Sometimes racial discrimination or harassment is subtle and difficult to prove. To prove Donald Trump's racism would not be difficult at all. 

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ask the Central Park 5 who were innocent and he called for the death penalty on them.....and even since they were found not guilty......he still proclaimed them guilty.

So this is something from 4 decades ago that he stated in which 4 of the 5 confessed at the time, and in his letter he was advocating for the safety of black, white, hispanic and asian families yet you are trying to claim he is racist?    I am not disagreeing that Trump goes over the top with his opinions, but coming to a conclusion that he is racist or likes the KKK because of this event from the 1980s is grasping at straws. 

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

So this is something from 4 decades ago that he stated in which 4 of the 5 confessed at the time, and in his letter he was advocating for the safety of black, white, hispanic and asian families yet you are trying to claim he is racist?    I am not disagreeing that Trump goes over the top with his opinions, but coming to a conclusion that he is racist or likes the KKK because of this event from the 1980s is grasping at straws. 

LOL.....and absolutely loves their self professed leader enough to make him his top advisor.

Yep....nothing to see here.

7 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I just shared the video where Trump publicly condemned the KKK and neo-nazis.  Are you saying Obama was not willing to say the same about BLM?

I'm saying you're making false equivalencies between an organization with the blood of thousands of Black men, women and children and an organization with some very angry rhetoric and the death of maybe four cops on their hands.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

See Trump is Racist

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

So this is something from 4 decades ago that he stated in which 4 of the 5 confessed at the time, and in his letter he was advocating for the safety of black, white, hispanic and asian families yet you are trying to claim he is racist?    I am not disagreeing that Trump goes over the top with his opinions, but coming to a conclusion that he is racist or likes the KKK because of this event from the 1980s is grasping at straws

Trying to claim he is racist? No...Trump. Is. Racist. period

Grasping at straws? Go ahead and read these articles, since I guess that your next question will be to provide proof. Here are bundles and bundles of straws.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/01/15/opinion/leonhardt-trump-racist.html 

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racism-history

For many people, none of these incidents, individually, may be totally damning: One of these alone might suggest that Trump is simply a bad speaker and perhaps racially insensitive ("politically incorrect," as he would put it), but not overtly racist.

But when you put all these events together, a clear pattern emerges. At the very least, Trump has a history of playing into people’s racism to bolster himself — and that likely says something about him too.

2 minutes ago, QMany said:

See Trump is Racist

This post proves nothing.  Trump speaks all the time to the plight of blacks in major cities like Chicago and how Chicago officials are not doing enough to protect black families.  He speaks to growing black and hispanic small business owners and how economic improvement in minority communities helps improve their lives.  More and more blacks are supporting Trump than any Republican in my lifetime.  The results and realities don't match up with the inferences and rhetoric on here.  

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Trying to claim he is racist? No...Trump. Is. Racist. period

Grasping at straws? Go ahead and read these articles, since I guess that your next question will be to provide proof. Here are bundles and bundles of straws.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/01/15/opinion/leonhardt-trump-racist.html 

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racism-history

Umm...is this like the hit job that tried to paint a "clear image" that Kavanaugh was a gang rapist?  It's shocking vox and the NY Times would be the outlets to try to develop this perception.  Insert Sarcasm.  

• Plus1 1