The Republican Utopia

23 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

and, when did these "rallies" become a thing? It seems like we've never left the campaign period...

between the rallies themselves, travelling to and from the last one to the next one, weekends at "the club", and incessant tweeting, when does the President actually attend to Presidential business?

Don't forget "executive time" (what they call it when he wants to lay around watching Fox News). 

The fact this man mocked Barack Obama for his golf habits is completely absurd.

On 10/10/2018 at 12:50 AM, Clifford Franklin said:

I'll pitch in. 

Those bullet points are hyperbole but I believe things that aren't too long a walk from those things.

Not all Trump supporters are racist - that's way too broad a brush. But there sure are a ton of racists who happen to be Trump supporters. 

As far as inherently lacking compassion, that's a legit critique of some conservative positions. At least how they're currently constructed. If you brush off children in literal cages as "just enforcing our laws/securing our borders"... if you complain about people being on food stamps or Medicaid so they can eat or have healthcare... If you reply that your murdered countrymen are "the cost of freedom" after a mass shooting... if you try to scrap Meals on Wheels funding to save $$$ in your budget (100% Trump's call, not conservatives)... If you decide to ban trans people from the military claiming without a lick of support they're not fit to serve... If you do your best to discredit or undermine those claiming to be victims of sexual assault or actively support credibly accused sexual assaulters because it's good for your team... people are going to perceive a systemic lack of empathy within your movement. But it's important to note this stuff all occurs on a spectrum from "broad support from the GOP as a whole" to "only supported or voiced by the most toxic sh#thead in the movement." By no means can you attribute these behaviors or positions to all conservatives. 

As far as sexism goes, I'm not sure if this is sexism or just trolling. Liberals have their pink hats but you won't see many of them wearing anything like this.

CusJ0VWWYAAnWUS.jpg

There were a whole host of ‘feminists’ and other women who offered to engage in sex acts with Clinton as shows of support for him and his policies.

On 10/12/2018 at 1:40 AM, RedDenver said:

It's a good metaphor for most political talking-points and promises on both sides of the aisle.

But particularly for the Plantation Mentality of the Democratic Party when it comes to treating women and minorities like dirt...assuming they are too stupid to realize it and evaluate their options...and mocking and ridiculing any one of them that shows a glimmer of independent thought.

• Thanks 1

This has honestly been a big problem with me with the Republican party for a long time.  They believe that if they put in power an grade school play ground bully (street fighter...I guess they like to say) then when he does something, it somehow validates the morality of what he's doing and how he does it.

It goes along with what I say when people are stunned that I don't like Trump.  It's simple.  Just because Hillary was bad, doesn't mean Trump is good.

Not for the first time, and probably not for the last, the Trump administration is trying to persuade its audience of a deeply pernicious version of “might makes right:” that a political victory counts as moral vindication. The case at hand is the idea that now-Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation by the Senate somehow disproves the allegations of sexual assault against him. Trump was unusually explicit about this on Monday, but expect to hear variations of it from him, other members of his administration, and the talking-points-reciting apologists in Congress and elsewhere for a long time to come.

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2018 at 6:47 AM, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah.....what in the world are they going to do next.....claim he is Muslim from Kenya?

I don’t think he’s a Muslim, but have questions about whether he’s a Christian. He claims to be, but he sat and listened to Reverend Wright’s nonsense for decades. So the jury is still out on that one.

• Plus1 1