The Republican Utopia

15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Remember when a Republican-appointed Supreme Court Judge gutted the Voter Rights Act, claiming there wasn't a need for it anymore?

YEAH ABOUT THAT

The 2 dots in South Dakota made me suspicious. I want to vomit. I knew it would be where some Native Americans can vote because they tend to vote Democrat. 

south-dakota-federal-lands-indian-reserv

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

The 2 dots in South Dakota made me suspicious. I want to vomit. I knew it would be where some Native Americans can vote because they tend to vote Democrat. 

south-dakota-federal-lands-indian-reserv

The was literally the very first thing I saw and thought. "Isn't that Rosebud and Pine Ridge?" Low and behold it was. I'd like to see anyone make an argument on how this isn't voter suppression.

• Plus1 2

6 hours ago, knapplc said:

After instituting a $1.5 trillion tax cut and signing off on a $675 billion budget for the Department of Defense, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday that the only way to lower the record-high federal deficit would be to cut entitlement programs like Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.

Because screw the elderly and disabled, amiright?

• Plus1 1

Blaming social security for the deficit seems pretty stupid to me.

From what I’ve found, > 85% of social security is paid for by payroll taxes specifically collected for the purpose of funding social secirity. It then goes back to to the people who helped pay for it.

Oh, and at least for the near future, if they removed the cap on paying into social security, the funding from payroll taxes would move back to 100%.

The reason the GOP wants to get rid of it is because businesses pay half or the payroll part and poor people get more than they pay into it. 

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Not to poke any bears but I'm fairly sure there's a few posters around here who would be losing their damn minds if any president without an R next to their name made a statement like this.

Very busy golfing at his resorts, charging taxpayers for the secret service to use his golf carts.

• Plus1 1