The Republican Utopia

59 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Just another lie all the Trumpsters will believe. 

Even if they did... are these people not just seeking asylum (I think that’s what the previous caravan that got his underpants in a bunch over was doing)? Wanting to support refugees escaping violence wouldn’t make Democrats awful.

40 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And people wonder why I can’t support the Republican Party anymore. 

Some pretty sick stuff.  Thank-you Trump for lowering civility in politics and the nation as a whole.

from the article

That partly explains the preponderance of negative television ads in the Senate races - with half the ads running from Sept. 4 through Oct. 1 taking a negative tone, according to an analysis by the Wesleyan Media Project, which tracks political advertising. More than the 40.8 percent of House ads and 43.2 percent of governors’ ads took a negative tone, according to the study.

It found that more than a third of Republican TV ads for Senate and House races were negative, which it defined as ads that solely focus on a candidate’s rival.

That is sharply higher than the 18.3 percent of Democratic Senate ads and 14.1 percent of Democratic House ads that were negative in tone. It also represented a switch from 2014, when ads by Democrats were substantially more negative than those by Republicans.

“We have to protect our men and boys,” the woman says. “We can’t afford to let white Democrats take us back to bad old days of race verdicts, life sentences and lynchings when a white girl screams rape.”

Bruce Bartlett, a senior policy advisor in the Republican administrations of Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush, called it “the most racist ad by a Republican I have ever come across.”

Hill condemned the ad Thursday, calling it “outrageous.” It was produced by Vernon Robinson of Black Americans for the President’s Agenda, a political action committee. Robinson told NBC News the ad ran in Little Rock, the state capital whose population is nearly half African-American.

Malik Russell, a spokesman for the NAACP civil rights group, called the ad sickening and said it was “one of the worst examples of racist ignorance and historic misappropriation.”

He blamed the Trump White House for setting the tone, saying in a statement, “The racism, hateful and disrespectful rhetoric targeting immigrants, women and communities of color coming from the White House has served as a powerful enabler to those around the nation who support white supremacy.”

• Plus1 1

53 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The major principle of current Republican governorship.

But, while this whips up the base, it's no way to run a country. 

It's what qualified Trump to be president in many of his voters' eyes.

s#!tting on our Democracy and destroying regulation that keeps the air and water clean does drive me nuts. How foolish of me.

• Plus1 2