The Republican Utopia

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wrong again. Let’s see some evidence of people here posting their support of Trump.

This is every thread with you. You just show up complaining about how no one likes Trump. Guess what? He's the most unpopular first-term president in our lifetimes for a reason. Maybe he wouldn't be if he tried reaching out to anyone not already in his base instead of being a hostile dick to the rest of the country.

But to address the reason you rolled into this thread and started dousing it with your "independent thought" in the first place, yes, securing the border is something we should do. But secure it from what? A group of peaceful refugees seeking asylum? Is this what passes as a serious issue in the Republican party of today? They're so threatened by those in need reaching out a hand and asking America to help them that they blot out the sun to make it their number one midterm priority? 

I cited a tweet elsewhere that Operation Faithful Patriot may be costing us up to $6M per day to deploy troops down there. I just saw that they were up deploying barbed wire around the border. To ward off a peaceful caravan of refugees almost a 1000 miles away on the southern tip of Mexico. 

If you honestly think that's a threat that requires millions of dollars spent and thousands of troops deployed to our southern border, you're either a moron or a mindless partisan. I don't think you're the former, Ric. So how about you apply some of that famous independent thought and think about whether that's a wise use of resources.

Oh, and screw Trump.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

5 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

This is every thread with you. You just show up complaining about how no one likes Trump. Guess what? He's the most unpopular first-term president in our lifetimes for a reason. Maybe he wouldn't be if he tried reaching out to anyone not already in his base instead of being a hostile dick to the rest of the country.

But to address the reason you rolled into this thread and started dousing it with your "independent thought" in the first place, yes, securing the border is something we should do. But secure it from what? A group of peaceful refugees seeking asylum? Is this what passes as a serious issue in the Republican party of today? They're so threatened by those in need reaching out a hand and asking America to help them that they blot out the sun to make it their number one midterm priority? 

I cited a tweet elsewhere that Operation Faithful Patriot may be costing us up to $6M per day to deploy troops down there. I just saw that they were up deploying barbed wire around the border. To ward off a peaceful caravan of refugees almost a 1000 miles away on the southern tip of Mexico. 

If you honestly think that's a threat that requires millions of dollars spent and thousands of troops deployed to our southern border, you're either a moron or a mindless partisan. I don't think you're the former, Ric. So how about you apply some of that famous independent thought and think about whether that's a wise use of resources.

Oh, and screw Trump.

Actually, by some measures Trump has been more popular than Obama at. Arious pooints in his presidency.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-approval-rating-obama-higher-1054927

Are these peaceful refugees seeking asylum? How do you presume to know that? If all they wanted was to escape violence, why nit accept asylum offers from Mexico? The reason is simple...they want tk come to America, but don’t want to wait in line like everyone else. So they’ll try to game the system, claim asylum, and force their way in. 

I think securing the border is a wonderful use of resources...far mie so than yet mire handouts to deadbeats, which will simply keep them dependent on government.

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Actually, by some measures Trump has been more popular than Obama at. Arious pooints in his presidency.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-approval-rating-obama-higher-1054927

Are these peaceful refugees seeking asylum? How do you presume to know that? If all they wanted was to escape violence, why nit accept asylum offers from Mexico? The reason is simple...they want tk come to America, but don’t want to wait in line like everyone else. So they’ll try to game the system, claim asylum, and force their way in. 

I think securing the border is a wonderful use of resources...far mie so than yet mire handouts to deadbeats, which will simply keep them dependent on government.

Leave one corrupt and dangerous country for another corrupt and dangerous country? Makes perfect sense. 

11 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Leave one corrupt and dangerous country for another corrupt and dangerous country? Makes perfect sense. 

Why don’t we just take in everyone from every corrupt and dangerous country in the world. When a couple of billion unskilled migrants who can’t even speak English show up here maybe they can stay in your basement,

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Why don’t we just take in everyone from every corrupt and dangerous country in the world. When a couple of billion unskilled migrants who can’t even speak English show up here maybe they can stay in your basement,

EminentDeadlyGlassfrog-size_restricted.g

Seriously, we can't have a reasonable discussion about this topic when you resort to ridiculous, snarky extremes that aren't even close to anything anyone is arguing for.

14 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

EminentDeadlyGlassfrog-size_restricted.g

Seriously, we can't have a reasonable discussion about this topic when you resort to ridiculous, snarky extremes that aren't even close to anything anyone is arguing for.

Then explain to me what immigration laws Democrats are in favor of...or you are in favor of personally.

What people who want to come here are you willing to turn away?

What people who are here already are you willing to send home?

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Then explain to me what immigration laws Democrats are in favor of...or you are in favor of personally.

What people who want to come here are you willing to turn away?

What people who are here already are you willing to send home?

we already learned from obama sending troops to the border that it was a stupid idea....but here we are with trump sending more troops to the border.    of course obama did it to stop a threat...trump is doing it for political gain so there is that i guess.

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Is speaking English a requirement to immigrate to America? Or just a revealed deep-seated wish of some white Americans? 

Well obviously the latter because America does not have a national language. I know this was a rhetorical question by the way. Just pointing out to Ric that english is not our national language. 

34 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Well obviously the latter because America does not have a national language. I know this was a rhetorical question by the way. Just pointing out to Ric that english is not our national language. 

Learning English should be a requirement for legal entry. If someone wants to be an American, be gainfully employed, and participate in our society, he needs to speak English. If they're not willing or interested in doing so, they should be sent back to the sh****le countries from whence they came.

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If someone wants to be an American, be gainfully employed, and participate in our society, he needs to speak English  

That may be Trumpkins’ white nationalist wet dream, but he doesn’t NEED to. 

22 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Wait Ric claimed he was a lawyer right?

Am I the only one that is totally okay with that lady yelling out "Yeah, you should get hit by a car"...

I know we love pretending that we don't say/think those things (You know who you are)...but it is so funny/awesome to hear people actually say what pretty much everyone else is thinking.

• Plus1 1