The Republican Utopia

1 hour ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Hard to see it because he used his left hand.

maxresdefault.jpg

It's a bit of a judgment thing, but any time you see a white supremacist using it, I think it's fair game to wonder.

I assumed this would be the logic, but we could make the peace sign or any number of other hand gestures into anything we want by this logic. 

• Plus1 1

17 hours ago, knapplc said:

The government we have reflects the people we are. As we get lazier and less vigilant, our government becomes more corrupt and wasteful. 

Government is never the initial problem. It's just (usually) a more visible symptom.

Well said.  It is the 'You get the govt you deserve'.  Thus we had lazy,  un-discerning voters elect Trump (not a majority, but enough in the right states to get the 270+ EC votes) who believed his basket full of crap. 

• Plus1 2

14 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

4chan meming to own the normies. :facepalm:

Except that now that this explanation is out there, people are doing it intentionally to say 'White Power', then pointing to the 4Chan bit to say 'no, that's not what I meant at all', all while winking and nodding the whole time. 

So 4Chan essentially created physical doublespeak. Forget 1984--we're in 1985 now.

• Plus1 1
22 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

And look, there's Nebraska's very own Jeff Fortenberry on the right. He appears to be oblivious to the situation, so I'm guessing he's probably just an innocent bystander. Although... he does have that same look on his face pretty much 24/7. So it's hard to tell for sure.

59 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Fine, let's see some of them actually sack up and break ranks with their votes and actions though.

Ron Johnson:

Votes FOR Trumps wall bill

Votes AGAINST Democrats no wall bill.  A bill that had support of 5 other Republicans.

Screams at McConnell that this is his fault.  

Seems legit

• Plus1 2