The Republican Utopia

9 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ha.....I might actually agree with this something similar to this. Take all his money, use it to fund border security and properly processing asylum seekers. 

Didn't shorty have his guys fly over and tunnel under what was already there?

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

If someone believes a wall is a waste of money and funds would be better spent elsewhere, wouldn't spending Chapo's money still be a waste and more responsibly spent elsewhere?

but if someone believes the wall would be beneficial, but not the appropriate way to spend current budget... prefer to spend El Chapo's seized funds for the wall...and spend current budget funds for more appropriate line items...?

34 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

but if someone believes the wall would be beneficial, but not the appropriate way to spend current budget... prefer to spend El Chapo's seized funds for the wall...and spend current budget funds for more appropriate line items...?

But why is one  source of revenue okay to use and not another?  

If a person is okay spending tax dollars (federal revenue) to fund "the wall" then it is completely reasonable to be okay with spending seized assets (federal revenue) to pay for it.

If a person is against spending tax dollars (federal revenue) then I don't see why it is logical to think it is okay so spend seized assets.

2 hours ago, funhusker said:

If someone believes a wall is a waste of money and funds would be better spent elsewhere, wouldn't spending Chapo's money still be a waste and more responsibly spent elsewhere?

If this is referring to my post comments......read it closer.

I specifically used the words "border security" instead of "wall".  I firmly believe we need good border security along with immigration reform and improved ability to process asylum seekers.  

The "wall" is nothing more than a propaganda gimmick Trump has used to feed the trolls in his base.  That entire conversation, takes away from the appropriate conversation of actual border security and immigration reform.

I would LOVE to use every dime of El Chapo's money for that.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If this is referring to my post comments......read it closer.

I specifically used the words "border security" instead of "wall".  I firmly believe we need good border security along with immigration reform and improved ability to process asylum seekers.  

The "wall" is nothing more than a propaganda gimmick Trump has used to feed the trolls in his base.  That entire conversation, takes away from the appropriate conversation of actual border security and immigration reform.

I would LOVE to use every dime of El Chapo's money for that.

My comment was in general.  It actually came up quite a bit last night in different conversations I had.  People thought it would be a great idea to spend assets seized in drug busts to pay for "the wall", that way we wouldn't have to spend tax dollars.

El Chapo money or not, I'm all for beefing up security at borders with effective means.