The Republican Utopia

Not sure if it belongs in this thread, but I got to thinking about this this morning as I'm going through the news.  In what meaningful way has Trump contributed to the "Republican Utopia"?

1. "We need responsible budgets!"  The national debt and annual deficits have swelled during his two years.  There is a direct link between his tax cuts and the deficit, so no, you can't blame it all on Obama.

2. "They're going to take our guns!" Trump is the only President, that I know of, to actually use executive powers to restrict the sale of gun accessories.  Possibly opening up the possibility of future Presidents going even further.

3. "We overthrew a King, we'll do it again!" Trump has actually used his executive powers to bypass Congress to fund a political agenda.  Opening up all kinds of future possibilities.

4.  "Quit dividing people into groups!" Trump has literally, or "Tweeteraly", put people into categories of "winners" and "losers" or "my people" and "haters".  Remember when divisions were bad, and we should all work to make our own lives better so we could help those around us?

5.  "The free market should decide the fate of business!" He's the only President to actually mess with the free market by threatening to intervene in private businesses.  Basically calling on boycotts for Harley Davidson, NFL, Ford, and many others.

I mean, if a Democratic president pulled off just that list, I'd say all those memes of Obama might actually be warranted.

• Plus1 3

Thanksgiving is going to be fun!

Republican politician drops anti-LGBTQ bill support after daughter shames him in open letter

The recent controversy surrounds House Bill 2320 – which aims to have same-sex marriages deemed “parody marriages” and allow the state to deny them.

The bill defines “parody marriages” as: “’Parody marriage’ means any form of alleged marriage that does not involve a man and a woman.

“The term ‘parody marriage’ refers to a variety of so-called marriages that do not involve a man and a woman that amount to doctrines that are inseparably linked to the religion of secular humanism.

“The term ‘parody marriage’ refers to so-called marriages between more than two people, persons of the same sex, a person and an animal, or a person and an object.”

The bill appears to be seeking to stop same-sex unions. 

The bill reads: “The state shall no longer be in the parody marriage funding and endorsement business and shall disentangle itself from the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) secular humanist church pursuant to this section and the establishment clause of the 1st amendment of the constitution of the United States.

Christel Highland describes herself on Facebook as “a proud member of Kansas City’s LGBTQ+ community, a mother, a partner to the love of my life, an artist active in my creative community, and a hard-working businessperson”.

She said in a post that she was “personally offended by the egregious nature of Kansas Representatives’ proposed legislation, most notably, my father’s”. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

You guys are NOT going to believe this... but Jacob Wohl is a liar.

This 21-year-old tweeted lies about Robert Mueller and Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Now, he’s eyeing the 2020 election

A false claim bubbled up from the internet last month that Sen. Kamala Harris, the recently announced presidential candidate, wasn’t eligible for election because she had immigrant parents and spent part of her childhood in Canada. The claim, an echo of the “birther” conspiracy that trailed President Barack Obama, was widely debunked but still addressed seriously by mainstream news pundits, including CNN’s Chris Cuomo.

Even better for Jacob Wohl, the 21-year-old Californian who ignited the Harris birther claim with a tweet, some people actually seemed to accept it as fact.

“The believability stuck at about 15 to 18 percent by my measurement,” Wohl said in an interview shortly afterward, declaring it “not a bad campaign.”

Wohl, a self-professed “political and corporate intel consultant” and supporter of President Donald Trump, is dedicated to plying the malleable fringe of the electorate with dubious claims and disinformation schemes.

Amplifying him in that quest are his links to the world’s loudest Twitter cheerleader, Trump. Wohl’s father, attorney David Wohl, says that as a Trump surrogate he was on calls with the 2016 presidential candidate daily. David Wohl has regularly appeared on cable news networks to promote the president and his policies.

Wohl’s most prominent gambit was also his most disastrous: an apparent sloppy attempt to accuse Trump's nemesis special counsel Robert Mueller of sexual misconduct days before the midterm elections in November. His actions were referred to the FBI for potential criminal investigation. The woman he named as a credible accuser of the special prosecutor, Carolyne Cass, recently told USA TODAY that Wohl “made it up,” deceived her with a false identity and tried to coerce her to appear at a news conference against her will.

Wohl initially maintained that Cass's allegations were credible. When told that Cass said they were inaccurate, Wohl then claimed that he couldn’t speak about the situation because of a legal non-disclosure agreement with Cass, who denied that such an agreement exists. An FBI spokesperson declined to comment on whether the agency was investigating the episode. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

You're better off keeping it that way. He's a classic grifter.

:thumbs I see that now, after literally five seconds of research...lol

"Jacob Wohl is an American far-right conspiracy theorist, fraudster, and internet troll. He was formerly an online blogger and a columnist for the website The Gateway Pundit."

• Plus1 1