The Republican Utopia

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

I'm guessing Jewish people are more likely to have met Muslims, because in the U.S. they are both more likely to live in cities, which might explain why they have more favorable views of Muslims than Christians have.

Whereas living in Nebraska I met 1 Jewish person growing up and didn't meet any Muslims until I was in grad school.

I'm betting you met a few Jews who didn't advertise the fact. 

• Plus1 1

Holy s#!t! It takes some serious talent to lose that much money.

Also for the conspiracy nut in us all; Trump claims a mysterious 50 some odd million dollars in interest less than 2 years after his first recorded visit to Russia... no similar figure before or after in the 10 years of documents, and only much smaller claims book ending it.

• Plus1 2

36 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Republicans, what are you even doing?

If fetuses are legally humans, shouldn’t they be included in the Census?

Anyhow, from the same article:

Even women who seek lawful abortions out of state may not escape punishment. If a Georgia resident plans to travel elsewhere to obtain an abortion, she may be charged with conspiracy to commit murder, punishable by 10 years’ imprisonment. An individual who helps a woman plan her trip to get an out-of-state abortion, or transports her to the clinic, may also be charged with conspiracy. These individuals, after all, are “conspiring” to end of the life of a “person” with “full legal recognition” under Georgia law.

36 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Republicans, what are you even doing?

So if a woman becomes pregnant after 40, when birth defects and miscarriages become more likely, would she be convicted of negligent homicide if she suffers a miscarriage???

15 minutes ago, funhusker said:

So if a woman becomes pregnant after 40, when birth defects and miscarriages become more likely, would she be convicted of negligent homicide if she suffers a miscarriage???

I'm just going to speculate that a person's race, socio-economic status and possibly religion ***might*** play a role in who does/doesn't get prosecuted for this.

Try imagining a white woman from an affluent family being prosecuted for a miscarriage. Now imagine a woman of color working two jobs with two kids being prosecuted for a miscarriage.

Which seems like the more likely scenario?

• Plus1 3

The Republican party has gone completely loony tune.

Let's review.....

The FBI announced a month before the election that they were investigating Hillary.  That announcement may have played a major roll in Trump winning.  They denied Trump was under investigation.

NOW....the Republicans are accusing the FBI of rigging the election AGAINST Trump.

Well....if that's the case, they really suck at it.

• Plus1 1

I'd like to also point out that Mitch McConnell blamed Obama yesterday of not doing anything to stop Russia from interfering in our elections.

The very same Mitch McConnell who threatened to say Obama was playing partisan politics and trying to sway the election towards Democrats by asking if McConnell would join a united statement against Russian interference.

They have no shame, and they will always put party above country. They must leave our government before things will get better.

• Thanks 1