The Republican Utopia

50 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Why suspend it over this and not the photo of the tombstone with his political opponent’s name on it?

Disregard--I thought #MoscowMitch was suspended for the AOC pic, not that vid. 

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have supported these companies ability to shut down offending/fake accounts.  But, this does sound odd.  I'm interested in more information.  

Same here. E.g. there have been times when Trump has broken their stated rules. 

Some Texas Repubs say they need to double down on going far right to keep to keep their county 'red'

https://www.mcall.com/sns-tns-bc-texas-gop-intolerance-20190809-story.html

As the 2020 election looms, some Republicans concerned about losing power in Tarrant County which has stayed red as nearly every other major urban county turned blue say there needs to be a shift in thinking.

"If a change does not happen soon in the Tarrant County Republican Party, those who oppose the leftist agenda will see the loss of Tarrant County to the Democrats forever," according to a post entitled "Prepare to be Intolerant" on the NE Tarrant Tea Party website.

"We need Republicans who are calling for the deportation of all illegals, the DACA babies, the anchor babies, & more," continued the July post that pointed at a recent Tarrant County vote to let sheriff's deputies continue working as ICE agents. "We must allow AND give cover to those with more extreme views on the right wing of the party."

The post calls for supporting an "American Nationalist party."

Tarrant Republican and Democratic Party officials said they hadn't seen the post until the Star-Telegram drew it to their attention.

"I think it's the writing on the walls," Marco Rosas Jr., executive director for the Tarrant Democratic Party, said in response. "From the 2016 cycle to now, Tarrant has been making major moves to move the needle."

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Who the hell thought that was a good photo op... :facepalm:

Good grief.  This is a tragic story, parents dead,  the child of the dead parents being held by the FLOTUS as though she was going to adopt the child and Trump acting like the crazy uncle Joe in every family with a thumbs up....   Why is this a good photo op - because in Trump's mind it is all about him.  How do you smile like that with the background story much less give a thumbs up.  He has no sense of what is the appropriate emotional response.  First he slams the Ohio Senator and Dayton Mayor then, talks about his big campaign crowd when talking to the hospital staff, and now this.  :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:.  I just cannot fathom this. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

There's a kind of interesting second part to this story. The only thing here that is actually illegal is the off-duty firefighter using his ccw handgun to hold this person at gun point. Under current laws in Missouri the guy with the rifle, ammo, and body armor had done nothing wrong and should not have been detained by a civilian. What do you do if you're the firefighter? It's an impossible position.

It's weird how skillful people think the Clintons are. Considering how many people they supposedly murdered and other illegal s#!t* they've gotten away with, they must be evil geniuses.

*Note - I do think the rape accusations are believable. But the body count attributed to them is crazy.