The Republican Utopia

Can we just take a second and admit how ridiculous the performative outrage histrionics from Republicans over one of the scholars mentioning Trump's child yesterday is? Because they're all getting in on it. Pence, Melania, Matt Gaetz... I'm sure there are others but who I don't care enough to notice. But it's about as phony as Trump's concern with Ukrainian corruption.

It was a terrible play on words and did not come off nearly as clever as she thought it would. Thus her point fell flat. But she was trying to make a legitimate point. But in no way did she attack or demean the president's son. She merely mentioned him to make a point.

Coming from a bunch of cowardly dopes who sat idly by while people joked about hanging/executing the first black president (and indeed, continue to allow other Republicans to call for the hanging of other Democrats this very week), their protestations about the president's son being under attack are a bunch of disingenuous crap.

• Plus1 5

Funny how Devin Nunes "can't remember" if he spoke with Lev Parnas because he apparently get's a lot of calls from around the world.  BS    

https://www.salon.com/2019/12/06/attorney-says-parnas-wants-to-testify-since-devin-nunes-cant-recall-their-calls-lev-remembers/

Never fear Devin.  Its Fox News to the rescue:  Maybe it was someone else using Devin's phone.   

https://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-legal-analyst-says-maybe-it-wasnt-devin-nunes-using-nunes-phone-call-giuliani-white-1475522

It never ceases to amaze me how far these a$$holes will go to deny that they ever do anything wrong.

It's even sadder that their unwavering audience will believe their horse sh!t.  And that is why they do it.  There are a lot of dumb and gullible people in this country.

• Plus1 4
6 hours ago, knapplc said:

Putin may as well just move into the White House if that happens.

Heck, today's Republican voters would probably carry his bags for him.

People don't like confrontation. I can see a scenario where the people who are supposed to arrest him decide not to. And if he loses the election a lot of people will believe him when he lies saying 3 million illegal rapists voted for his opponent and therefore the election wasn't legitimate.

If people are stupid enough to support him right now, there's no reason to think they won't support him if this happens. I will never understand how this guy, this complete f#&%ing idiot a$$h@!e, is who people were duped by.

House Democrats have passed hundreds of bills this year alone, and they're sitting on Mitch McConnell's desk collecting dust.

So, what's Mitch been up to?  He's packing the judiciary with truly awful people.

Good job, Republican voters. This is the utopia you keep voting for.

• Plus1 2

So, just to be clear:

a)  We have the vast majority of scientists who claim climate change exists and humans contribute to it.

b)  We have every single intelligence agency telling us Russia meddled in 2016 election.

c)  We have a congressional investigation that claims Ukraine did NOT interfere in the 2016 election.

d)  We have a Republican appointed IG investigation telling us the FBI did not illegally investigate the Trump campaign.

And...Republicans deny all of it and continue to come up with their "alternative facts" to spew to the public.

Absolutely amazing.

• Plus1 4
On 12/5/2019 at 7:19 PM, Danny Bateman said:

Can we just take a second and admit how ridiculous the performative outrage histrionics from Republicans over one of the scholars mentioning Trump's child yesterday is? Because they're all getting in on it. Pence, Melania, Matt Gaetz... I'm sure there are others but who I don't care enough to notice. But it's about as phony as Trump's concern with Ukrainian corruption.

It was a terrible play on words and did not come off nearly as clever as she thought it would. Thus her point fell flat. But she was trying to make a legitimate point. But in no way did she attack or demean the president's son. She merely mentioned him to make a point.

Coming from a bunch of cowardly dopes who sat idly by while people joked about hanging/executing the first black president (and indeed, continue to allow other Republicans to call for the hanging of other Democrats this very week), their protestations about the president's son being under attack are a bunch of disingenuous crap.

Bump.

The hypocrisy of the GOP was laid bare for all to see today.

Compare what I was ranting about above, which was basically a coordinated effort by the GOP to pretend to be absolutely aghast at the very mention of the president's son featuring everyone from the First Lady and VP to random Trump lackey bozos in Congress...

To what you saw today from that group of clowns when the President of the United States decided to hop on the Twitters to take personal shots at a teenage climate activist for simply having an award bestowed upon her.

You can guess how absolutely outraged the whole GOP crew was... #BeBest

The way things are trending at this point, I may never vote for a Republican during my lifetime.

• Thanks 1