The Republican Utopia

I try not to be hyperbolic and freak out about every little thing, making mountains into molehills - too many people play that game.

But if we don't find a way to band together and purge this crop of clowns from Washington this fall, there's no guarantees what shape it will be in when we do get it back. IF we do get it back.

Barr running protection for Trump.  He's exactly the type of corrupt, spineless bootlicker AG Trump always wanted.

Attorney General Barr Issues New Rules For Politically Sensitive Investigations

Attorney General William Barr has issued new restrictions on opening investigations into politically sensitive individuals or entities, including a requirement that he approve any inquiry into a presidential candidate or campaign.

Barr outlined the new policies in a three-page memo obtained by NPR as the Democratic primaries are underway and the country gears up for November's presidential vote. The memo was first reported by The New York Times.

Barr's new restrictions follow a sharply critical report from the Justice Department's inspector general on aspects of the FBI's Russia investigation, which began in the summer of 2016 during the presidential campaign and continues to ripple through American politics four years later.

----

If an investigation is initiated in line with these guidelines, the memo says, the investigating agency should provide regular updates to the office of the Justice Department's No. 2 official, the deputy attorney general.

It urges officials to err on the side of consulting with the appropriate officials or seeking their approval if there's any doubt.

I could see the argument that this makes things better. But this directive relies on the assumption the DOJ is being run but someone of integrity instead of a GOP flunkie serving chiefly as the president's footstool.  

Also this either means he signed off on or conveniently ignored the Senate's investigation into Diamond Joe, because that's totally legitimate and about sniffing out corruption, right? ;)

16 hours ago, commando said:

what crime did he commit to get his republican bona fides?

i was half joking when i said that....but....from his wikipedia page

In 2010, Tuberville was named as a co-defendant along with John David Stroud in a lawsuit brought against TS Capital LLC.[32] The lawsuit was filed by investors and alleged that Tuberville and Stroud co-managed a hedge fund that defrauded investors of U.S. $1.7 million. Stroud was found guilty in August 2013 of securities fraud, ordered to pay $2.1 million in restitution and serve 10 years in jail. The lawsuit against Tuberville was settled on October 10, 2013 but terms were not disclosed.[33]

• Haha 3