The Republican Utopia

On 2/6/2020 at 7:04 AM, knapplc said:

At the National Prayer Breakfast.  Which politicians shouldn't be attending anyway.

I won’t get into how perverted and partisan the National Prayer breakfast has become but I’m curious why you say politicians shouldn’t be attending it anyway? Is it because of the joke it has become or some misguided idea of separation of church and state?

I mean it could be a good thing if things weren’t so drastically out of whack....

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I won’t get into how perverted and partisan the National Prayer breakfast has become but I’m curious why you say politicians shouldn’t be attending it anyway? Is it because of the joke it has become or some misguided idea of separation of church and state?

I mean it could be a good thing if things weren’t so drastically out of whack....

Well, if politicians are Christian they should follow the teachings of Christ. And Christ specifically said not to do very public things like this. Matthew 6 is really clear about that.

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, knapplc said:

Well, if politicians are Christian they should follow the teachings of Christ. And Christ specifically said not to do very public things like this. Matthew 6 is really clear about that.

I agree with that. It makes me sick to see these politicians pretending to be Christian or religious. Their actions speak otherwise, constantly. An event like the prayer breakfast means nothing to them other than a photo op and publicity to dupe potential voters. 

• Plus1 1

I am comfortable in saying that I have met...maybe 20 people in my life that actually follow "the bible"...I have met thousands of people that are christians though.

Out of the 20 that I know that actually follow the bible...5 of them are f#&%ing amazing people.  The other 15 are kind of crazy.