The Republican Utopia

Gotta make sure we keep all those money grubbing people off our system to make it look better. It doesn't matter whether they need real help or not, we can't have them getting anything from us. Now that we have a really big problem, the system is unusable.

Florida

Privately, Republicans admit that the $77.9 million system that is now failing Florida workers is doing exactly what Scott designed it to do — lower the state’s reported number of jobless claims after the great recession.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, deedsker said:

Gotta make sure we keep all those money grubbing people off our system to make it look better. It doesn't matter whether they need real help or not, we can't have them getting anything from us. Now that we have a really big problem, the system is unusable.

Florida

Yeah, this isn't going to go well in the upcoming election, methinks.

Scott & DeSantis sabotaged the UI and Food Stamp programs, and then DeSantis followed along with Trump's "it's a hoax, keep going out" nonsense. The storm they brewed could come crashing down around them something fierce. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

I live in Florida and lost my job in September 2019.  I didn't find another job until January 2020.

I applied for Unemployment and was denied by that system.

Sorry you have to deal with this. I hope things are going well for you now.

7 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

they gave me a severance package that came out to about 1 months wages...so they made me wait to apply...then I was denied again because I got vacation pay for 15 days.  By that time, 2 months had passed and I was over it.

That sucks!

I don't know if there is a quote more emblematic of the GOP's turn into Trumpism.

Proudly ignorant of facts and substitutes her political judgment for a doctor's medical expertise while talking down to him on a matter of public health.

This party is a five-alarm dumpster fire. Extinguish it in November.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

I don't feel bad about posting this here because Erickson initially resisted the allure of Trumpism only to succumb to it later when it became obvious it was good for business.

I'm curious what role being a conservative thought leader had in having this specific intellectual blind spot.

Are people freaking out about this?  A cross with Christmas lights?

Good grief...

35 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Who?  Oh the person from the press conferences?  Yeah I don't know how that qualifies her.

Yes...

I think she is qualified for a talk show, maybe we are thinking of different things.  I am thinking of like a daytime show or morning show, sort of like The View type of thing.

10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yes...

I think she is qualified for a talk show, maybe we are thinking of different things.  I am thinking of like a daytime show or morning show, sort of like The View type of thing.

She's on TV a lot as a contributor.  She is on MSNBC a lot.  She definitely knows her stuff, but I don't know if her demeanor would make for a good talk show

10 minutes ago, funhusker said:

She's on TV a lot as a contributor.  She is on MSNBC a lot.  She definitely knows her stuff, but I don't know if her demeanor would make for a good talk show

She might need a partner?

Maybe like a lighthearted comic relief partner?