The Republican Utopia

1 hour ago, commando said:

good lord.....i got about 2 minutes in and had to stop.  how much torture is it to watch it all?

That pathetic speech reminded me of something from HS.  My senior year, the football team I was a part of was picked to win or at least tie for the conf championship wt the team that eventually ended up ranked 2nd in the state.  Unfortunately we didn't gel (not enough jrs came out to support us seniors- we all had to play both ways for the most part, me tight end and OLB) and the starting QB was knocked out of the season during the first game.  We ended up playing that team that ended up second in the state for our homecoming game.  Our homecoming rally speech was given the day before the big game by a guy who graduated 10 years prior and was now an English professor. He went on and on about all of our losing seasons, how we had not yet won a game that year and how "as things change, things remain the same'" which was the heart of his 'rally' speech.  Our coach was livid and got up after he spoke and tried to fire up the now unfired group of high schoolers. 

The game - we beat that #2 team in every statistical way possible........ except the final score.  Our soph replacement QB threw  a 5 yard pass not over the LB's head and into the waiting hands of the wide open RB in the end zone but directly to the LB who went 95 yards the other way for a TD.  Oh, and Ben Sasse says we don't remember HS. Maybe I need that psychologist he was talking about after all.     The speech by Sasse was just as terrible as that high school homecoming speech I heard back in 1973.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If this guy loses, he will purposely incite riots. 

If he loses he’ll try to get them to keep him in power. He’ll probably try to use Barr and the Supreme Court to try to do so as well. He’ll likely also say the media is lying about the results.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

The crazy, crazy amount of cheating going on by a dying political party.

The state of Georgia was supposed to hold an election Tuesday to fill a seat on the state Supreme Court. Justice Keith Blackwell, a Republican whose six-year term expires on the last day of this year, did not plan to run for reelection. The election, between former Democratic Rep. John Barrow and former Republican state lawmaker Beth Beskin, would determine who would fill Blackwell’s seat.

But then something weird happened: Georgia’s Republican Gov. Brian Kemp and the state’s Republican secretary of state, Brad Raffensperger, canceled Tuesday’s election. Instead, Kemp will appoint Blackwell’s successor, and that successor will serve for at least two years — ensuring the seat will remain in Republican hands.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

A Republican senator saying the quiet part loud.

This is exactly what happened with Clinton vis-a-vis Benghazi and buttery males. Now House Leader Kevin McCarthy accidentally admitted that all of that was explicitly about lowering Clinton's favorability so they could beat her in an election... and it worked.

Remember when this ramps up that it's all just a ruse, political theater devised to help them try to win another election.

Still, this part is particularly sad. They're going to completely bend the knee and go full lackey mode to be in lockstep with Trump. With any luck it will get them crushed in November.

In the days to come and with McConnell’s public blessing, GOP committee chairmen plan to follow Trump’s lead and approve a series of subpoenas for documents and testimony that could hit some of Trump’s favorite targets, including Hunter Biden and dozens of Obama administration officials.

It’s all part of the last stage of the GOP’s evolution during Trump’s first term: an apparent end to public disagreements for the next six months until the party is past the election.

“I just think that everybody realizes that our fortunes sort of rise or fall together,” said Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.), the party whip. “One thing we have to do is to make sure that we are united on our agenda and make sure that there’s not separation between the White House and Republicans in Congress.”

• Thanks 1
54 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Not like Kentucky has any sordid history with this or anything.

That's a dummy of the governor they hung, right outside the governor's mansion where he lives with his family.

Only good thing to ever come from Kentucky...booze.

8 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Not like Kentucky has any sordid history with this or anything.

That's a dummy of the governor they hung, right outside the governor's mansion where he lives with his family.

i wonder what would be said if someone did that to a trump dummy?