The Republican Utopia

Wow....

At.....Church.....

President Donald Trump promoted a video on Twitter late Wednesday night that opens with Cowboys for Trump founder Couy Griffin declaring that “the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat.”

Griffin made these comments at a New Mexico church while rallying a crowd to protest stay at home guidelines and amid the coronavirus. “I’ve come to a place where I’ve come to a conclusion where the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat,” Griffin said, adding that he didn’t mean that in a “physical sense,” but in a “political sense.”

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, knapplc said:

1) I'm old enough to remember when Republicans were offended by "activist judges" and now they want all the activist judges they can get.

2) This is not the statement of a man confident Trump will win in November.

Lindsey time and again proves he is a scumbag.

• Plus1 2

14 minutes ago, jsneb83 said:

So they couldn't vote on a SC justice in 2016 because it "was an election year" but they want to vote in as many judges as they can this year? Why am I not surprised?

McConnell already said openly a year or two ago that of course they would push in a judge during an election year if a Republican was president. If one of the judges dies on January 10 they will probably have a new judge before inauguration.

8 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Good thread on how gutless the GOP has become.

So far the only ones I've seen speak out against Trump are Tim Scott and Ben Sasse. Sasse finally did the bare minimum so good for him I guess.

Just came to post something similar.  Their silence is deafening.

The Republican party has sold its soul for a bunch of activist judges.

As Trump hits a new low, a dwindling number of Republicans speak up

After Charlottesville, Sens. Lindsey Graham, Marco Rubio and Jeff Flake, plus then-House Speaker Paul Ryan, all criticized the president in some form or fashion for saying there were two sides to blame over a white nationalist rally.

After Helsinki, Sens. Bob Corker, John McCain and Flake all took issue with Trump’s comments that blamed the United States for the state of U.S.-Russia relations.

But after Ukraine — and after McCain, Flake, Corker and Ryan were no longer in Congress — only one Republican elected politician, Mitt Romney, voted to say that Trump abused his power in asking a foreign government to investigate his 2020 rival.

Bottom line: The number of Republicans willing to criticize the president has gotten smaller and smaller over the last three and a half years.

And we’ll find out today if that trend continues — over having the police teargas peaceful protestors and even clergy.

All for a photo opportunity.

• Thanks 1