The Republican Utopia

16 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

The new guy ran on, King doesn’t support Trump enough? Goodness Iowa...

I'm back in Iowa in that district visiting family. I grew up there.

It's the most conservative, rural part of the state. Somebody like Feenstra is the expected norm here. 

They just finally got tired of King's outright racism.

On 6/2/2020 at 12:36 PM, Landlord said:

f#&% you Pete Ricketts.

"You People"   what a dope.    Not wanting to paint with a broad brush here, but it seems to me that there needs to be a wholesale change of leadership across the land before we can remove the stain of racism.  Maybe it is true, the current GOP has morphed into the old racist Dem party of the past.  If it takes the removal of GOP leaders across the land than so be it.   I hope Trump's coat tails are strong as he goes down to defeat in Nov.

3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

"You People"   what a dope.    Not wanting to paint with a broad brush here, but it seems to me that there needs to be a wholesale change of leadership across the land before we can remove the stain of racism.  Maybe it is true, the current GOP has morphed into the old racist Dem party of the past.  If it takes the removal of GOP leaders across the land than so be it.   I hope Trump's coat tails are strong as he goes down to defeat in Nov.

FWIW he called them "You guys."

Mattis condemns the president.  My question is: where were these voices previous to today's events.  Trump was trump before the protests, before C-19.  They all knew he was a dumpster fire - yet no one dared to bring up amendment 25 or speak out.

But at least these are voices that may help keep Trump from getting re-elected for what it is worth - even if being too little and too late.

https://www.axios.com/james-mattis-trump-protests-f325f239-17f1-4795-b6a4-0ab1587ad210.html

Former Secretary of Defense James Mattis condemned President Trump for making a "mockery of our Constitution" in a statement to The Atlantic on Wednesday, saying he was "appalled" at the president's response to mass protests in the wake of George Floyd's killing.

Why it matters: Trump’s former defense secretary had refrained from publicly criticizing his former boss since resigning in 2018.