The Republican Utopia

57 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Everybody seems to be alright with Germany these days...

How long did it take them? 30 years? 40?

So, might take us 10-15. We didn't cause millions of deaths but I don't know if that kind of war is ever going to happen again, and I'm guessing most other people feel the same way, so things are viewed through a different lens now.

It just really pissed me off that he called her stupid. If I had been listening to that I would have wanted to punch him through the phone and I would hate America even more now if I was German.

28 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

How long did it take them? 30 years? 40?

So, might take us 10-15. We didn't cause millions of deaths but I don't know if that kind of war is ever going to happen again, and I'm guessing most other people feel the same way, so things are viewed through a different lens now.

It just really pissed me off that he called her stupid. If I had been listening to that I would have wanted to punch him through the phone and I would hate America even more now if I was German.

No tact. No common decency. No kindness or respect for others.

However, up until the last month or so, he probably only pissed off about 1/3 of Germans with the statement. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/05/13/some-world-leaders-popularity-grows-along-with-coronavirus-case-numbers/

Shot:

Chaser:

Takeaway:  All but the most staunch (or stupid) Conservatives have seen what's happening with Trump in charge and they're pissed. Stuff like allowing Trump to court foreign aid to get reelected without legal impediment has to really chap the a$$ of a lot of people who believe themselves to be real patriots.

There's only so much s#!t you can ask those people to eat before they finally start complaining. 

• Plus1 1