The Republican Utopia

4 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

This certainly could apply the same for the Dems. The least likeable candidate ever, followed by a 40 year career politician too old for the job, questionable cognition, questionable behavior with minors candidate.

If Trump wasn't the schmuck he is, would the polls still look the same?

If my aunt was a guy she'd be my uncle. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

This certainly could apply the same for the Dems. The least likeable candidate ever, followed by a 40 year career politician too old for the job, questionable cognition, questionable behavior with minors candidate.

If Trump wasn't the schmuck he is, would the polls still look the same?

It's tempting to give in to the claims that Biden is almost as bad as Trump when it looks like we're staggering along towards a blowout, but that doesn't make it any more true.

He's a mostly good man whose generally admitted when he's wrong, stretches the truth about as much as you'd expect from a politician, isn't as quick as he used to be but still appears healthy and capable when you get past his occasional tongue-tied moments, seeks consensus, knows what he doesn't know and listens to people who know better than he does.

All of the above are massive improvements from Trump. And he's run a damn good campaign not stepping into Trump's lazily-laid traps.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

It's tempting to give in to the claims that Biden is almost as bad as Trump when it looks like we're staggering along towards a blowout, but that doesn't make it any more true.

He's a mostly good man whose generally admitted when he's wrong, stretches the truth about as much as you'd expect from a politician, isn't as quick as he used to be but still appears healthy and capable when you get past his occasional tongue-tied moments, seeks consensus, knows what he doesn't know and listens to people who know better than he does.

All of the above are massive improvements from Trump. And he's run a damn good campaign not stepping into Trump's lazily-laid traps.

Please don't misinterpret my post Danny. I will vote for Biden. I was merely responding to BRB that the Dems have not exactly hit home runs with their last two offerings for the position. 

Just now, DevoHusker said:

Please don't misinterpret my post Danny. I will vote for Biden. I was merely responding to BRB that the Dems have not exactly hit home runs with their last two offerings for the position. 

Nah, I get what you're saying.

Personally I think Biden is about perfect for what a big chunk of the country feels we need in this moment. I'll never defend Clinton as a good candidate last go around, though.

I also think a lot of the problem is the incentive structure to run for president is sorely lacking. The drawbacks massively outweigh the payoffs and as a result most people who most of us would deem good candidates don't end up running.

• Plus1 2
22 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I also think a lot of the problem is the incentive structure to run for president is sorely lacking. The drawbacks massively outweigh the payoffs and as a result most people who most of us would deem good candidates don't end up running.

agreed

1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

Personally I think Biden is about perfect for what a big chunk of the country feels we need in this moment. I'll never defend Clinton as a good candidate last go around, though.

Biden kinda feels like a Mike Riley hire. Detoxing from Bo Pelini/Trump with a "nice guy."

I just hope Nice Guy Joe has a team ready to roll up their sleeves and scrub the stain of Trump out of every nook & cranny of the government.

• Plus1 4

22 hours ago, knapplc said:

Biden kinda feels like a Mike Riley hire. Detoxing from Bo Pelini/Trump with a "nice guy."

I just hope Nice Guy Joe has a team ready to roll up their sleeves and scrub the stain of Trump out of every nook & cranny of the government.

x1000