The Republican Utopia

6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Great thread. Be sure to read it all:

This part of what he wrote is probably the most confusing part to me:

"They see how he makes liberals feel and they just enjoy that because that's how they felt - for absolutely no discernible logical reason - under Obama. "

I don't know what about Obama made people so angry or made them feel attacked.

21 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

One thing about the Republican Utopia for the next few years, barring the Georgia run off elections, is going to be Mitch McConnell blocking pretty much everything for two years.

Other than routine funding bills, and hearings built to shout things for future campaign ads, they could announce a two year recess right now.

I think this is where Dems could really hurt the Repubs if they are bold and push for things like a stimulus bill. But I suspect Biden admin will be like Obama 2010-2016 and do nothing but a few executive orders.

3 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I think this is where Dems could really hurt the Repubs if they are bold and push for things like a stimulus bill. But I suspect Biden admin will be like Obama 2010-2016 and do nothing but a few executive orders.

Agreed.

If they try to push stimulus, Republicans will dig up the "worry about the debt" playbook from the 2010 days. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I'm hoping that they attempt to start as many social projects as they can that attempt to help as many US citizens as they can so that they can nail Republicans on either not voting or denying votes that add a lot of jobs (like an infrastructure bill for the GND) or a stimulus bill that does more than what was passed by the senate earlier this year. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Agreed.

If they try to push stimulus, Republicans will dig up the "worry about the debt" playbook from the 2010 days. 

They'll dig it up, but if Ds add something like a $2000 check or something to the bill, something that will put money directly into struggling families pockets, will their base question what they're doing? I hope so.

• Plus1 1

49 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

One concern is the judges. I can see them blocking every one. DNC desperately need the Senate by 2022 if they can't pull off a miracle in GA. Although it may be 51-50 this time, with Obama I believe it was 53-48.

The races in Georgia are going to get a gargantuan amount of attention. Barring some last minute shocker in NC or AK, the Senate will be on the line.

Still, even if they win 1 of 2 of those runoffs, it's going to put McConnell in a position where he can't lose even one vote. No more letting Collins or Murkowski defect. 

If they just go willy nilly blocking a lot of popular bills they could get potentially walloped in 2022. Lot of vulnerable seats up. 

It's absurd how hard it is for Dems to attain a majority in the Senate.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

The races in Georgia are going to get a gargantuan amount of attention. Barring some last minute shocker in NC or AK, the Senate will be on the line.

Still, even if they win 1 of 2 of those runoffs, it's going to put McConnell in a position where he can't lose even one vote. No more letting Collins or Murkowski defect. 

If they just go willy nilly blocking a lot of popular bills they could get potentially walloped in 2022. Lot of vulnerable seats up. 

It's absurd how hard it is for Dems to attain a majority in the Senate.

They need to reach low pop areas but people in those areas have views that are so solidified and a lot are inaccurate because they haven't been around people who are different than they are.

17 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

They need to reach low pop areas but people in those areas have views that are so solidified and a lot are inaccurate because they haven't been around people who are different than they are.

Just made a post about the Senate in the Dems Rebuild thread.

Not sure what the answer is. Maybe they just need to start running Republicans with liberal economic policies in some states. Anti-Libertarians or something like that.