The Republican Utopia

This is the kind of delusion that makes 70 million people vote for the worst person to occupy the White House in this nation's history.  

"This can't be happening. It's not real."

"They're filled with anger and hatred."

We see this far too often on this very board. I see it in personal interactions with trumpists. They are pissed off, and their minds are occupied by an alternate reality.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, knapplc said:

We see this far too often on this very board. I see it in personal interactions with trumpists. They are pissed off, and their minds are occupied by an alternate reality.

It is really quite scary. These people are actively making society less safe by not protecting themselves and others.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Oddly enough I've been thinking that John Bohner of all people was the last hope for the old gaurd of GOP leadership. He and Obama not being able to compromise on the Grand Bargain was the end of reasonable compromises. Both parties would have lost and gained and come out equal.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Oddly enough I've been thinking that John Bohner of all people was the last hope for the old gaurd of GOP leadership. He and Obama not being able to compromise on the Grand Bargain was the end of reasonable compromises. Both parties would have lost and gained and come out equal.

Boehner really set the Republican tone about Obama's agenda, “We're going to do everything — and I mean everything we can do — to kill it, stop it, slow it down, whatever we can.”

• Plus1 1