The Republican Utopia

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Boehner really set the Republican tone about Obama's agenda, “We're going to do everything — and I mean everything we can do — to kill it, stop it, slow it down, whatever we can.”

Which is so odd because they almost compromised if it wasn't for the tea party. And now he pimps our weed.

20 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Oddly enough I've been thinking that John Bohner of all people was the last hope for the old gaurd of GOP leadership. He and Obama not being able to compromise on the Grand Bargain was the end of reasonable compromises. Both parties would have lost and gained and come out equal.

That was one of the only good things about the Tea Party - they killed the Grand Bargain that would have cut Social Security and Medicare.

16 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I don't know why I'm posting this since she's an idiot but... what east is she talking about? Eastern European men are more "feminine" than American men in my experience. For one thing, they try harder to look nice. And a dress is just cloth sewn together. There is nothing biological that designates dresses for women.

• Plus1 1
23 hours ago, knapplc said:

Ya, I guess I will call BS on Obama’s sanctimonious BS.  Neither party tries to work across the isle anymore and hasn’t for sometime. 

Anyone remember the “all for one and one for all” moments the Democrats gave the Trump admin.  Me neither.  

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

Just now, BlitzFirst said:

To get Obamacare (ACA) passed he actually DID have to work across both parties.  That's something even Bill Clinton didn't get done in spite of having more of a push. 

So you can call BS on it...but as a republican during that time, I saw that Obama did just that.  If anything, I see Obama less as a democrat overall...maybe a Dempublican would be a better description.

He didn't have to but he chose to, which in hindsight was a mistake.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

But Trump's promise to turn out more voters open to his message worked, too. The president won by even wider margins in many rural areas than he did in 2016.

The result: sky-high turnout. More than 155 million ballots have been tallied, and with the counting still going in some states, that tally could go higher than 158 million. That would be a turnout rate of eligible voters of almost 67%, the highest since 1900.

This is why the Republican party lost me 20 years ago. I can't hang with people this disgusting. trump showed them his a$$ for four years and they turned out in greater numbers than in 120 years to vote for him again.

It was less damning to have voted for him in 2016. I know some people just assumed he'd "grow into the job." 

But in 2020 you have zero excuse for that vote, and you should feel bad as a person.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1