The Republican Utopia

9 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

They could have convicted him.

Which means they were all cowards and opportunists & hypocrites - thinking they needed to ride on Trump's coat tails a little longer - even if they didn't like the driver.  I wonder how many if any regretted their non-conviction vote after they saw the way Trump handled the Covid crisis & causing his coat tail to not being such a comfortable ride after all. 

• Plus1 2

Ben Sasse released a statement condemning Trump post election.  We all know were Mitt Romney stands.  Murkowski said some things like "hopefully he'll learn" in public, I wouldn't be surprised if her comments in private were a little more charismatic.

I wouldn't rush to assume Bernstein is lying or making up sources.  It's makes more sense to not trust the people who only 5 short years ago were calling Trump the worst candidate ever and thinking of new ways to convey that to the public on the daily, but now think he's the best President ever...

• Plus1 2

26 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Noted  Liberal constitutional scholar Jonathan Turley says otherwise.  

That means nothing.  I could find an "expert" that says anything.

Fact is, Moscow Mitch and the other Republican Senators stated long before even the House hearings that they WOULD NOT convict Trump no matter what.  They went into the hearings like....

giphy.gif

That doesn't mean Trump was innocent.  That means he had friends who protected him.

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Seems like they agreed with Turley and voted Against a sham impeachment.  

no

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Seems like they agreed with Turley and voted Against a sham impeachment.  

Which again has nothing to do with the original post that the Senate could have convicted Trump. When you bring up a Constitutional scholar, you usually have some type of legal claim about the Constitution. In this case, Turley is just another lawyer with an opinion about the merits of Trump's impeachment. His Constitutional expertise has no bearing.

33 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That means nothing.  I could find an "expert" that says anything.

Fact is, Moscow Mitch and the other Republican Senators stated long before even the House hearings that they WOULD NOT convict Trump no matter what.  They went into the hearings like....

giphy.gif

That doesn't mean Trump was innocent.  That means he had friends who protected him.

no

It means they heard the evidence and found Trump to be not guilty of the charges and voted no on the articles of impeachment.  

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Which again has nothing to do with the original post that the Senate could have convicted Trump. When you bring up a Constitutional scholar, you usually have some type of legal claim about the Constitution. In this case, Turley is just another lawyer with an opinion about the merits of Trump's impeachment. His Constitutional expertise has no bearing.

Sure they COULD have convicted Trump similar to juries COULD convict an innocent man, but they chose to follow the evidence and vote not to convict.   They followed the law which I’m surprised you are against that.   

• Plus1 1