The Republican Utopia

25 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m guessing he never thought these people were a nuisance in the first place so I don’t see the point in that comment 

Well I can guarantee you he's not talking about middle class salaried employees that live in the suburbs.

I digress; it's not as relevant as the overall point. He's just cultivating a false narrative. Few if any people are expecting their "lives to be changed" by a $600 stimulus check. I don't see the point in defending his rhetoric. At best, he's being hyperbolic. At worst, he's being willfully obtuse. Neither of them are valuable.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Enhance said:
26 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Well I can guarantee you he's not talking about middle class salaried employees that live in the suburbs.

I can guarantee you he was deferring to many of those people too.  As someone who has listened to his show quite a few times, middle class folks represent the majority of his callers looking for financial guidance from the debt they have incurred.  
A one time $600 payment will help pay a bill or two and without some structural change, the bills will just come back. 

• Plus1 1

What I honestly don't get about the Cruz thing beyond the obvious bad optics is even if he couldn't do anything substantial to help right away natural disasters are perfect photo ops for politicians! Shake a few hands, look all bundled up in a coat in the snow talking to an official, hand out water or blankets or something, hug someone looking distressed, boom easy ad for the next race. Cold view of the world, but I mean that has to be in the intro class to running for office.

He did it in 2018 with Hurricane Harvey, so he has the playbook.

• Plus1 3

4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I’m not overly concerned with solving existing debt. The people that incurred that debt knew what they were getting into. Nobody had a gun to their head forcing them to go to college. They weighed the pros and cons of taking on that debt and freely made a choice. A choice mind you that a whole bunch of other people alternately decided to not incur that expense and debt.

I’m not opposed to providing some limited transitional relief but the much larger basic problem is that higher education needs to be more affordable and the people that still will choose to forego that education should not be paying the bill for those that do elect that path. Plenty of people can do what they want and function in life without having attended college. It is not the necessity so many make it out to be. In fact, I would say it is no more than a huge waste for most people.

I would attach (and I hate bills that have stuff attached) small biznass loans, as interest free with no payments starting for 3 years.  Opening a small business should be hard work but not hard to get a loan for and payback. 

12 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Seriously. You want to be the leader of the free world, and here you are showing not even a sliver of leadership. Should disqualify him but I'm sure it won't. 

Beyond being utterly morally bankrupt not to stand in solidarity with the people who elected him in their time of suffering, the lack of political acumen is astounding.  That also should disqualify him even in the eyes of the most strident Trumpist.    But no, they're showing up supporting him on social media... lol

• Plus1 3