The Republican Utopia

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You're claiming there's something bad in the bill, and that's why Republicans aren't going to vote for it. Please tell us what, specifically, is bad. 

So now you aren’t doing the whataboutism?  

Anything not directly related to PPP funding, direct checks to citizens, vaccine funding/PPE funding, and funding for schools to open. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Go ahead and look what’s in the “Covid relief” bill then get back to us with a more informed response. 

I don't see anything that wouldn't go under the "Covid Relief" umbrella. I'll quote Biden here:

“Critics say my plan is too big,” Biden said during a tour of a Pfizer plant in Michigan last week. “Let me ask them: What would they have me cut? What would they have me leave out?”

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Anything not directly related to PPP funding, direct checks to citizens, vaccine funding/PPE funding, and funding for schools to open. 

Why is the inclusion of any of these things so bad that the Republicans have to vote against it, especially in light of the fact that such things are commonly attached to bills by both parties?

• Plus1 1
50 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Why is the inclusion of any of these things so bad that the Republicans have to vote against it, especially in light of the fact that such things are commonly attached to bills by both parties?

I don’t find any of the things I mentioned bad, nor have I heard Republicans say they are either unless it’s based on money still available from last Covid package that hasn’t been spent/accounted for yet.  

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Go ahead and look what’s in the “Covid relief” bill then get back to us with a more informed response. 

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t find any of the things I mentioned bad, nor have I heard Republicans say they are either unless it’s based on money still available from last Covid package that hasn’t been spent/accounted for yet.  

Good talk. 

• Plus1 1

These people are f#&%ing insane. Things are not going to go well for this country if the GOP continues to be a force in its current state. The crazies in the party need to be the marginalized group and instead it's the other way around.

The Cass County Republican Party has again censured GOP U.S. Rep. Fred Upton — this time over his vote to remove Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene from her committees.

--

"We believe Congressman Upton's vote is a betrayal of his oath of office and core values of the Cass County Republican Party," the resolution stated, adding that Upton's vote was against the interests of county voters. 

Upton was swift and incredulous in his response, highlighting the Cass County GOP's claim that Greene's comments "have not been out of line with anyone else's comments."

"Really? She taunted a Parkland school shooting survivor, argued that California wildfires were started by a Jewish space laser, accused Democratic politicians of running a pedophile ring out of a pizza parlor, and questioned whether 9/11 really happened," Upton said.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2021/02/24/cass-county-gop-censures-upton-over-vote-punish-marjorie-taylor-green/4572649001/

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

How in the hell is supporting this considered conservative?  1.5 trillion dollars for ONE f#&%ING TYPE OF AIRPLANE!!!  And, Republicans want us to stand up and support every increase in Defense budget because we're patriotic and love and respect our military and how dare anyone who questions it even think about being so unAmerican........

I would absolutely LOVE for someone who supports the Republican party to explain this to me.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2
10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

How in the hell is supporting this considered conservative?  1.5 trillion dollars for ONE f#&%ING TYPE OF AIRPLANE!!!  And, Republicans want us to stand up and support every increase in Defense budget because we're patriotic and love and respect our military and how dare anyone who questions it even think about being so unAmerican........

I would absolutely LOVE for someone who supports the Republican party to explain this to me.

Because it kills foreign bad guys, duh 

• Plus1 2