The Republican Utopia

5 hours ago, Enhance said:

Rush spoke ill of society and its people. 

Like I said, he was ahead of his time.  That's what CNN does every 5 minutes except from the Left and lot's of assistance from the establishment.  Rush built a political commentary machine with no help from the NYC-DC axis.  @2/3 of the show was just Rush reading the liberal news aloud and calling out it's contradictions. 

• Plus1 2

13 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Like I said, he was ahead of his time.  That's what CNN does every 5 minutes except from the Left and lot's of assistance from the establishment.  Rush built a political commentary machine with no help from the NYC-DC axis.  @2/3 of the show was just Rush reading the liberal news aloud and calling out it's contradictions. 

You think this is a good thing? 

Seems to me like you are complaining when one group does it but celebrating another.

CNN commentators (as well as Fox, OANN, MSNBC, etc) are also a disservice to American conversation.  Their business models require grouping people along political lines.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to sense the tension between left/right right now and make connections to the commentators they choose to listen to or watch.

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Seems to me like you are complaining when one group does it but celebrating another.

CNN commentators (as well as Fox, OANN, MSNBC, etc) are also a disservice to American conversation.  Their business models require grouping people along political lines.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to sense the tension between left/right right now and make connections to the commentators they choose to listen to or watch.

yep, the commentators on those networks have one job.  Get you worked up and angry about something so you keep listening.  Rush was the exact same way X1000 and that's why he was a sickness on society.  These people don't care about anything other than getting you angry at someone so you keep listening and then they can make more money.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Like I said, he was ahead of his time.

Saying racist, homophobic and bigoted things is not 'ahead of its time.' It's behind its time. Your post suggests this is a good thing, borderline complimentary. You have also accused those of celebrating his death of being a societal 'ill.' Nothing critical of Rush or the things he said, nor the bigoted groups of people in this country that looked to him as a champion of their views (like known KKK members). And there are attempts to further justify this perspective by saying 'yeah, well, tHe LeFt!'

These kinds of posts seem to advocate a general, complicit support for racist, homophobic, bigoted, and discriminatory views, no?

• Plus1 4

10 hours ago, funhusker said:

Well Rush didn't take over an established hard-news outlet, owned by a mega-corporation.  He sold himself on nearly broke radio stations.  I heard that in Europe cars don't have AM radios anymore because they had no Rush.  

Of course you like it when a pundit from your side mocks the other side, and hear it as OMGisms when it comes the other way.  I don't like Bill Maher but I respect Rush for saying BM shouldn't have been cancelled. 

What i don't like is that the infotainment is not the alternative but the main stream itself.  If CNN still had its 1990s cut and dry channel then I would probably watch it.  Rush never claimed he was a hard news anchor or wanted to replace them entirely. I suppose that's the downside of transformative forces.  Does Jon Stewart like how every comedian is trying to be him now?  I have no idea.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 4
  • Fire 1