The Republican Utopia

"Congressional Republicans are walking a tightrope between promoting parts of President Joe Biden's $1.9 trillion economic relief package that are popular with their voters — while also bashing the overall law as a costly boondoggle.

And although the lawmakers say there's nothing hypocritical about backing some provisions of a bill they voted against, Democrats are quick to accuse them of wanting to have it both ways."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republicans-trumpet-elements-covid-19-224125948.html

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Any Republicans call for Matt Gaetz to resign yet?  Any Democrats call for Cuomo to resign yet?

The minority leader of the House has already publicly stated Gaetz should be removed if it’s found he broke the law.  Maybe you didn’t look hard enough. 

• Plus1 2

10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The minority leader of the House has already publicly stated Gaetz should be removed if it’s found he broke the law.  Maybe you didn’t look hard enough. 

All I’ve seen is McCarthy stating he would remove him from committee.  Nothing about resigning.  That, I believe is @Scarlet’s point.  But just like with Cuomo, let the investigations play out before we start demanding resignations.  

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Hey I was just asking a question...:)

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

All I’ve seen is McCarthy stating he would remove him from committee.  Nothing about resigning.  That, I believe is @Scarlet’s point.  But just like with Cuomo, let the investigations play out before we start demanding resignations.  

You very well could be right and I’m misremembering the quote from KM.  I will see if I can find the article I was thinking of where I thought he said Gaetz shouldn’t be in Congress if found guilty.  Most likely Decoy is remembering correctly. 

• Plus1 2

Florida’s governor is banning private companies from requiring proof of vaccine. The Republicans show again and again they are only against big government when it suits them. And they are okay with Christian business owners not allowing gays to use their services but now they’re not ok with businesses not allowing non vaccinated people to use their services. Maybe someone should start a religion that allows them to deny services to stupid people because stupidity is against their religion. 

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Look, admittedly, I think most people that continue to support Trump for most reasons, and especially if it's because they think he's some kind of champion for the working class, are total rubes.

But good Lord. Republicans decided this was OK. You can decide to feel bad for this guy or not, but it is INCREDIBLE how deep down the rabbithole some people have gone. 

Just a continuation of the trend that is Trump and the GOP's financially predatory behavior.

• Thanks 2