The Republican Utopia

15 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I understand what you are getting at, but a stimulus can be much different than a tax cut.  A straight income tax cut doesn’t give people their money back in most cases because it doesn’t take that amount in the first place.  It allows people to keep more of their own money.   

Any stimulus for the past 20 years hasn’t been the tax payers getting their money back because we overspend the yearly budget and need to borrow that money.  The borrowed money is paying for the stimulus and much of the population getting a stimulus pays zero federal income tax.  

I counter that it is just a refundable tax credit. It is just a one time reduction in your tax bill that is refundable immediately. It has nothing to do with spending.

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

And then what happens when it’s #1?  Do we all win prize or get a participation trophy:dunno

Good question.  It seems like some folks are more excited about using this to smear the GOP than they are interested in justice for the minors that were trafficked.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Good question.  It seems like some folks are more excited about using this to smear the GOP than they are interested in justice for the minors that were trafficked.

It's an ironic response to the Qpublicans claim that liberals are a cabal of satanistic cannibalistic pedophiles.  Maybe people who were labeled as such by the crazies have had enough and are pointing out the hypocrisy of one of the Q's up and coming superstars.

Who's not interested in justice for the minors that were trafficked?  

34 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

It's an ironic response to the Qpublicans claim that liberals are a cabal of satanistic cannibalistic pedophiles.  Maybe people who were labeled as such by the crazies have had enough and are pointing out the hypocrisy of one of the Q's up and coming superstars.

Who's not "more" interested in justice for the minors that were trafficked?    (Quotes added by me.  Since that's what I said in my post.)

In this instance, the person that wrote that Tweet.  He/she didn't mention Gaetz or his alleged victim(s).    The poster only purpose was to smear the GOP.  The irony isn't lost on me.

• Plus1 2
34 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It’s Sad to see those false narratives make headlines given so many prominent Democrats defend DeSantis and contemporary emails show a well done vaccine rollout for the citizens of Florida.  

What are ya gonna do I guess:dunno.  It is the media trying to tear a potential Republican 2024 Presidential candidate after all.  I mean those debunked stories along with the 60 minutes fiasco really shreds the media credibility 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s Sad to see those false narratives make headlines given so many prominent Democrats defend DeSantis and contemporary emails show a well done vaccine rollout for the citizens of Florida.  

What are ya gonna do I guess:dunno.  It is the media trying to tear a potential Republican 2024 Presidential candidate after all.  I mean those debunked stories along with the 60 minutes fiasco really shreds the media credibility 

That's what they said about Matt Gaetz.

• Plus1 1