The Republican Utopia

22 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

So I had to Google which party she belongs to....that was a waste of a minute.

Was the plan to get out of this pandemic all along to not wear masks, not social distance, not get vaccinated, not test, not contact trace?  Sounds feasible.

America: where it's your birthright to be a God fearing selfish a$$h@!e...

• Plus1 2

Aside from being an ignoramus of the highest order, what really is his point? 

That as a nation evolves over hundreds of years we should cling to archaic and reactionary religious beliefs that fly in the face of science? 

Or that people of other faiths, or no particular faith at all, need to take a back seat to Christianity?

Or that "freedom" means attempting to overturn a free and fair election on unproven grounds and despite court after court dismissing every case based on those spurious grounds? 

Or is it suppressing the right to vote?  :dunno

What exactly is he babbling about other than dismissing the culture of native Americans?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I think Santorum is an ignoramus, but without the context of what he's talking about here, I don't think I can offer a fair explanation of what he's getting at... other than he thinks that it's important America was founded upon faith and freedom.

But, in classic Santorum fashion, he makes his point by literally dunking on an entire group of people. What even is "American" culture in this narrative? Because if it's faith and freedom, then we should ask Rick to explain why Native Americans culture is not a significant element of "American" culture.

(Answer: past generations made sure it wouldn't be)

It is completely on brand for him to fail to acknowledge or even understand the irony in what he is saying.

1 minute ago, Enhance said:

I think Santorum is an ignoramus, but without the context of what he's talking about here, I don't think I can offer a fair explanation of what he's getting at... other than he thinks that it's important America was founded upon faith and freedom.

But, in classic Santorum fashion, he makes his point by literally dunking on an entire group of people. What even is "American" culture in this narrative? Because if it's faith and freedom, then we should ask Rick to explain why Native Americans culture is not a significant element of "American" culture.

(Hint: past generations made sure it wouldn't be)

It is completely on brand for him to fail to acknowledge or even understand the irony in what he is saying.

The whole comment is just idiotic.  So, anything native American is anti-American?  What a load of BS!!!  Native American cultures are a major part of certain parts and communities in this country.  You go to places like New Mexico and you can see it clearly.  

It's always interesting when one of these people make comments to show really what an idiot they are.

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Because if it's faith and freedom, then we should ask Rick to explain why Native Americans culture is not a significant element of "American" culture.

Sorry, but I just have to comment on this specific part.  Native Americans were/are one of the most spiritual/faithful cultures there is.  It's actually a major part of why I have always respected and admired them so much.  This just screams evidence that he has absolutely no clue about other parts and people in this country.

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Aside from being an ignoramus of the highest order, what really is his point? 

That as a nation evolves over hundreds of years we should cling to archaic and reactionary religious beliefs that fly in the face of science? 

Or that people of other faiths, or no particular faith at all, need to take a back seat to Christianity?

Or that "freedom" means attempting to overturn a free and fair election on unproven grounds and despite court after court dismissing every case based on those spurious grounds? 

Or is it suppressing the right to vote?  :dunno

What exactly is he babbling about other than dismissing the culture of native Americans?

The founding fathers were NOT all Christians. I repeat, NOT all Christian. You can find multiple writings and quotes from the finding fathers that actually go against everything this idiot is saying. And nowhere in the constitution does it talk about God. So much for separtion of church and state and not forcing religious doctrine on the masses. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6761840/amp

• Plus1 3

Think if Trump had just done what any normal, psychology healthy adult would have done by conceding, congratulating his opponent, and moving on.  But no, instead he gaslit his brainwashed base and in the process put our democracy on life support.  Crazy he's still deified.  I guess owning the libs is more important than liberty.  

• Plus1 2