The Republican Utopia

10 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I would prefer masculinity in that environment, over not having it there. I wouldn't choose it over intelligence. But would prefer intelligence to be paired with masculinity if possible. Not a necessity though, obviously.

If they can't grow a full beard in 4 hours, I don't want them!

(I can't grow a full beard in 4 months)

So, the fact that your President you shared the ticket with gathered and motivated an angry mob to storm the capital while congress is in session in an attempt to stop a constitutional act and is still, to this day, trying to convince people he is really President......doesn't diminish how proud you are of all you accomplished and glad you were on the ticket with him.

OK....Got it.

On 6/3/2021 at 9:32 AM, knapplc said:

This dude is still on the House Judiciary Committee.

Honest question. Is Salwell still on the intelligence committee after sleeping with a Chinese spy? A friend once told me h3 thought the only difference between Dems and Repubs is how much we pay in taxes. :D 

• Oh Yeah! 1
29 minutes ago, nic said:

Honest question. Is Salwell still on the intelligence committee after sleeping with a Chinese spy? A friend once told me h3 thought the only difference between Dems and Repubs is how much we pay in taxes. :D 

It's not an honest question.  It's a disingenuous question. 

The problem with a spy is you don't know they're a spy until it's too late.  If you did they wouldn't be a spy anymore. And if you find out that person is a spy and you immediately cut all ties how is that the same malfeasance as obstruction of justice? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.axios.com/china-spy-california-politicians-9d2dfb99-f839-4e00-8bd8-59dec0daf589.html

"What happened: Amid a widening counterintelligence probe, federal investigators became so alarmed by Fang's behavior and activities that around 2015 they alerted Swalwell to their concerns — giving him what is known as a defensive briefing.

Swalwell immediately cut off all ties to Fang, according to a current U.S. intelligence official, and he has not been accused of any wrongdoing."

It's pretty obvious the two-sidesism you're playing is only to give cover for your real intentions.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

It's not an honest question.  It's a disingenuous question. 

The problem with a spy is you don't know they're a spy until it's too late.  If you did they wouldn't be a spy anymore. And if you find out that person is a spy and you immediately cut all ties how is that the same malfeasance as obstruction of justice? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.axios.com/china-spy-california-politicians-9d2dfb99-f839-4e00-8bd8-59dec0daf589.html

"What happened: Amid a widening counterintelligence probe, federal investigators became so alarmed by Fang's behavior and activities that around 2015 they alerted Swalwell to their concerns — giving him what is known as a defensive briefing.

Swalwell immediately cut off all ties to Fang, according to a current U.S. intelligence official, and he has not been accused of any wrongdoing."

It's pretty obvious the two-sidesism you're playing is only to give cover for your real intentions.  

I think Gaetz and Salwell, should both be gone. Cuomo too for that matter. I doubt any one of them get booted until the voters do it. Salwell isn’t going anywhere for sure. My point is that it seems very rare for someone in power to get kicked, if they refuse to go.

Edit: correction...Taylor-Green got removed from her committee, but the voters will have to vote her out in 2022.

• Plus1 1

On 6/4/2021 at 1:04 PM, nic said:

I think Gaetz and Salwell, should both be gone. Cuomo too for that matter. I doubt any one of them get booted until the voters do it. Salwell isn’t going anywhere for sure. My point is that it seems very rare for someone in power to get kicked, if they refuse to go.

Edit: correction...Taylor-Green got removed from her committee, but the voters will have to vote her out in 2022.

I think Al Franken regrets resigning so quickly under fire, for transgressions so clearly less egregious than those committed by colleagues still in office. 

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think Al Franken regrets resigning so quickly under fire, for transgressions so clearly less egregious than those committed by colleagues still in office. 

I bet he does. He didn't use the play book. He probably had no choice because he pissed off Pelosi and lost support. Anthony Weiner too, although he may have gone to jail. I do not remember for sure.

A friend of mine was with several other friends in Atlanta at a Braves game and said on more than one occasion they got surrounded by a group of Trump/Q supporters and were literally 'questioned' by them about whether or not they voted for Biden and spouting off towards them in a pretty intimidating way.  He was pissed after the game and posted all about it on FB.  I guess these morons feel 'safe' making their presence felt at baseball games for some reason.  

• Thanks 1