The Republican Utopia

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, they have attacked the military and the police force.

And.....they expect people to believe they are so patriotic because they support the military and Blue Lives Matter.

At this point, I can't figure out why police or military people support them.

I have to think that everyone here is smart enough and observant enough to realize that it’s not just folks on the right that are driving a wedge in our society. Have you watched The View or MSNBC? Or maybe listened to comments from politicians on the left? They can be pretty condescending and insulting. 

Didn’t a major police union endorse Trump last fall? I bet it had been decades the last time they endorsed a Republican, let alone a candidate that has delusions of grandeur. I think you are also smart enough to know why that happened. And it wasn’t because they liked Trump. 

I am not entirely sure why the military and the police are more republican leaning. Second amendment views maybe? Are most of the people that enlist from the south? They like the side that gives them the larger budgets?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Not Brian should actually do some homework...first and foremost the border with Mexico stretches 1900 miles, not 1200, so his math skills suck.

Additionally, he fails to mention that the 50 guardsmen from SD will be joining the 500 from TX, the 300 from SC, and the 250 from AZ that those Governors have deployed since April.

I really don't know that guardsmen at the border is the answer...but misinformed (on purpose) Tweets like this sure don't help matters. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Not Brian should actually do some homework...first and foremost the border with Mexico stretches 1900 miles, not 1200, so his math skills suck.

Additionally, he fails to mention that the 50 guardsmen from SD will be joining the 500 from TX, the 300 from SC, and the 250 from AZ that those Governors have deployed since April.

I really don't know that guardsmen at the border is the answer...but misinformed (on purpose) Tweets like this sure don't help matters. 

He's making fun of SD sending 50 national guardsmen - as if that will matter at all. It's political theater, and it's rightly being ridiculed for the silliness that it is.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

He's making fun of SD sending 50 national guardsmen - as if that will matter at all. It's political theater, and it's rightly being ridiculed for the silliness that it is.

Could be..?

I read it that he was poking at Noem by saying "she's solved it".... not the amount involved. He is still being disingenuous with his mention of how many miles each of the SD 50 would have to cover because there are at least 1050 that have been deployed...not just the SD 50.

• Plus1 2
27 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Could be..?

I read it that he was poking at Noem by saying "she's solved it".... not the amount involved. He is still being disingenuous with his mention of how many miles each of the SD 50 would have to cover because there are at least 1050 that have been deployed...not just the SD 50.

Regardless, none of them are needed.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Needed for what, exactly?

Because once the immigrants see the big scary National guardsmen they are going to just turn around and go home…

Why can’t we just increase our immigration processing and work visas and actually just do this all in a much more efficient way?

Illegal Immigration is like abortion, no one wants to solve a problem that is too valuable for fund raising.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

It seems to make them feel better about themselves for some reason though when they spew nonsense to try and score points on twitter

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Or, we could try to do better at both those things.

We don't need to deter refugees. That's the failure of logic these show-and-pony Republican governors don't want to understand.

Meanwhile, their states are largely powered by these immigrants - legal and illegal - but that doesn't stop them from these showboat stunts.

And the base eats it up, and here we are. 

• Plus1 3