The Republican Utopia

8 hours ago, RedDenver said:

CNN can be obsessed with or dislike Trump and Fox News and still be moderate. As I posted before, CNN can suck at reporting the news but that doesn't make them left wing.

You're worse than my wife...:dunno

In September 2009, a Pew Research Center Poll showed that Democrats were much more likely than Republicans to rate the network favorably, while Republicans were much more likely than Democrats to see CNN unfavorably.[3] A 2019 Pew Research survey showed that among Americans who named CNN as their main source for political and election news, 79% identify as Democrats whereas 17% identify as Republicans. Among major broadcast news networks, the CNN audience displays higher levels of partisanship than ABC, CBS and NBC, but lower than Fox News and MSNBC.[4]

• Plus1 2

15 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

In September 2009, a Pew Research Center Poll showed that Democrats were much more likely than Republicans to rate the network favorably, while Republicans were much more likely than Democrats to see CNN unfavorably.[3] A 2019 Pew Research survey showed that among Americans who named CNN as their main source for political and election news, 79% identify as Democrats whereas 17% identify as Republicans. Among major broadcast news networks, the CNN audience displays higher levels of partisanship than ABC, CBS and NBC, but lower than Fox News and MSNBC.[4]

Haha, you're quoting a Wikipedia page. And the page is making the same mistake as previous posts - who watches which networks is not the same as whether a given network is left or right wing. It also makes the bad assumption that each political party is the equivalent of being left=Dems and right=GOP.

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Haha, you're quoting a Wikipedia page. And the page is making the same mistake as previous posts - who watches which networks is not the same as whether a given network is left or right wing. It also makes the bad assumption that each political party is the equivalent of being left=Dems and right=GOP.

7 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Do you think Don Lemon, Tucker Carlson, Brian Setzer, Rachael Madow and Sean Hannity are in the center? None of them are even close. 

• Plus1 2

Nah...you're making the mistake. Every reference I've provide, including this Wikipedia page, says CNN is left. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

Nah...you're making the mistake. Every reference I've provide, including this Wikipedia page, says CNN is left. 

Yes CNN at the least leans left but your post doesn’t show that. I believe the latter is Red’s point. It can be evidence for it but logically does not show it. Really it only takes one far biased network to push people on the other side to a different network. Fox News is objectively far more biased than CNN. Almost no Democrat is going to choose that and almost all Republicans who watch news channels seem to, so that can cause the viewership trends you are seeing even if (hypothetically) CNN was completely neutral. 

@nic Maddow isn’t on CNN. 

• Plus1 1

I 100% agree that Maddow and others are partisan. But as I've been saying, that doesn't make them left (or right) wing.

I probably have less extreme definition of those terms in my head, and possibly incorrect. I am not necessarily equating them with communist or fascist, although those terms get used a lot when describing voters on each side. I just use the term to note the political leanings of the commentators and networks. 

On 7/3/2021 at 8:57 AM, DevoHusker said:

Sooo…Republicans have watched Fox News claim CNN is the liberal devil for decades and you don’t think that affects this poll???  Not matter what CNN actually is?

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Was this written by Kim Jong Un? 

Next question: does anybody here truly believe this guy does not possess the same personality traits as the worst despots in history?  Anybody? 

Final question: "they cry over the Rigged Election"?  I thought the libs were the snowflakes.  What up with that?

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Why did Giuliani throw his career and reputation in the sh!tter for this clown?  I’m guessing it’s because Trump has serious Jeffrey Epstein Island related “dirt “ on him, just like I’m convinced he has on Dershowitz.  Can there really be any other explanation?  

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/07/politics/rudy-giuliani-suspended-law-washington/index.html

Putin refers to it as "kompromat."

Remember when Republicans were triggered by being referred to as fascists?  Good times.  How about standing up to the fascist defacto leader of the Party if you're hurt by the term?  Because, right now, it's not hyperbole.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1