The Republican Utopia

6 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Yeah, as someone said earlier, it probably depends on your personal views. If you are far left on the political spectrum, CNN would seem moderate. If you are to the far right, they would appear to be pretty liberal. 

I'd still say that disliking Trump doesn't make a source left-wing though. Lincoln Project made up of right-wingers for example.

• Plus1 1

Just now, RedDenver said:

I'd still say that disliking Trump doesn't make a source left-wing though. Lincoln Project made up of right-wingers for example.

I would agree. My (much) earlier argument was not based solely on bashing Trump, but more as a body of work. 

6 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Yeah, as someone said earlier, it probably depends on your personal views. If you are far left on the political spectrum, CNN would seem moderate. If you are to the far right, they would appear to be pretty liberal. 

But, in reality, it shouldn’t matter what you’re personal place is. Just because someone is far right, doesn’t mean CNN is actually left wing. 

10 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

It's definitely theatrical...

But no one should stoop to that level to counter it.

The dude had a heart attack and almost died…

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

It never ceases to amaze me how disgusting these people can be. 

Youll never believe what conservatives are saying about Simone Biles. 

• Plus1 1
55 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

The dude had a heart attack and almost died…

Yes, I am aware of that. My stance does not tarnish that.

But, if you don't think that this will all be political theater during the 1/6 Commission proceedings, you haven't paid attention in the past. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Yes, I am aware of that. My stance does not tarnish that.

But, if you don't think that this will all be political theater during the 1/6 Commission proceedings, you haven't paid attention in the past. 

you think determining who was all involved in directing the events of Jan. 6 should be ignored?

1 minute ago, commando said:

you think determining who was all involved in directing the events of Jan. 6 should be ignored?

Where did I say anything like that? I am simply pointing out that Congressional hearings are ALL political theater, regardless of the terminus of the investigation.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

Where did I say anything like that? I am simply pointing out that Congressional hearings are ALL political theater, regardless of the terminus of the investigation.

kk....i thought calling it all political theater meant you thought it was worthless. 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, commando said:

kk....i thought calling it all political theater meant you thought it was worthless. 

Probably a flub on my part. Note that I just said "theatrical" originally. 

The investigation is definitely needed, but will play out like an opera when viewed in bits and pieces. 

On 7/21/2021 at 11:32 AM, Archy1221 said:

Hospital Systems are doing well.  

cases don’t really mean much with 65% of the country vaccinated.  Hospitalizations and Deaths are the numbers that actually mean something.  

One...week.... later.   Ooph

teno (1k).gif

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It never ceases to amaze me how disgusting these people can be. 

I thought the GOP was 'pro police' :dunno    esp with their law and order president.    Trump didn't make the party despicable, he just gave cover for the majority that are. 

I wish those people not tied to Trump - the remaining decent GOPers would just leave the party and be a part of something new.

• Plus1 3