The Republican Utopia

17 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

And you will soon provide definitive proof of the lying to themselves?  You seem very confident

We lack the string theory magic to prove anything. But am I confident that narratives and court decisions would be very different had Kyle Rittenhouse been black?

Yes. Very. 

• Plus1 3

Being lost in all of this is the question "what is best for the future mental health of Rittenhouse?"  If anyone who professes to actually care about that instead of trying to score political points would take a step back and look at what he went through, right or wrong, they'd stop making him a celebrity.  He's not worthy of that status and I'm sure deep down he knows it.  He has to know he's being played.

He killed two people.  And yet he's galavanting around like nothing happened.  A normal human being would have trouble sleeping and most likely would want to seclude themselves and get counciling to properly process what happened.  It doesn't matter if it was legit self defense or not.  Look at the struggles of our combat vets.

I wouldn't be surprised that his future will involve some sort of substance abuse once the gravity of what happened hits.  Does Trump care about that?

Or he really is a mindless zombie and he'll carry on as is.  Rittenhouse that is, not Trump.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Being lost in all of this is the question "what is best for the future mental health of Rittenhouse?"  If anyone who professes to actually care about that instead of trying to score political points would take a step back and look at what he went through, right or wrong, they'd stop making him a celebrity.  He's not worthy of that status and I'm sure deep down he knows it.  He has to know he's being played.

He killed two people.  And yet he's galavanting around like nothing happened.  A normal human being would have trouble sleeping and most likely would want to seclude themselves and get counciling to properly process what happened.  It doesn't matter if it was legit self defense or not.  Look at the struggles of our combat vets.

I wouldn't be surprised that his future will involve some sort of substance abuse once the gravity of what happened hits.  Does Trump care about that?

Or he really is a mindless zombie and he'll carry on as is.  Rittenhouse that is, not Trump.

FWIW...i think he will kill again.  it has made him rich and a hero of the far right.   why would he stop now?    especially with Trump using him as an example of what his supporters need to be.   

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, commando said:

FWIW...i think he will kill again.  it has made him rich and a hero of the far right.   why would he stop now?    especially with Trump using him as an example of what his supporters need to be.   heros with guns shooting perceived enemies.

I wouldn't doubt it.  And that action attracts a reaction.  He's skating on thin ice in more than one way.  I hope he's enjoying the moment.  It's fleeting.

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

We lack the string theory magic to prove anything. But am I confident that narratives and court decisions would be very different had Kyle Rittenhouse been black?

Yes. Very. 

Well I am confident we NU would beat Georgia in football this year, but I would be wrong.  Similar to what you are.  

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

But yet, nobody has explained how the first shooting was self defense.  If ti wasn't, yep, he is a murderer.  

Ummmmm ya they kinda did.  At this thing they call a trial.  That thing the jury of his peers said ya we agree with what you said. 

just cause you don’t want to see the answer to your question, does not mean it doesn’t exist. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ummmmm ya they kinda did.  At this thing they call a trial.  That thing the jury of his peers said ya we agree with what you said. 

just cause you don’t want to see the answer to your question, does not mean it doesn’t exist. 

I didn't have the opportunity to sit and watch the trial.  How did they come to that conclusion?