The Republican Utopia

3 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

You don’t think the Supreme Court might eventually  be involved in deciding if men can continue to compete against women in athletic competition?

I don’t think the SC should ever be involved in that question. The NCAA and the IOC and conferences and whatever other controlling bodies are quite capable of determining who can participate in what sports/events. Sure they seem to be struggling to get it right but that doesn’t raise it to a SC issue. I don’t think their job is to straighten out society.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t think the SC should ever be involved in that question. The NCAA and the IOC and conferences and whatever other controlling bodies are quite capable of determining who can participate in what sports/events. Sure they seem to be struggling to get it right but that doesn’t raise it to a SC issue. I don’t think their job is to straighten out society.

Maybe they should, maybe they shouldn’t. I just think they will.

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Maybe they should, maybe they shouldn’t. I just think they will.

You’re probably right. As effed up as everything is it would be par for the course. I just don’t see  how that issue gets raised to a day in the SC. They would be seriously overstepping their purview imo.

50 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Might as well stick a fork in the American Experiment and figure out how life will be in an authoritarian theocracy.  But hey let's rage farm about what defines a woman instead.  

Where is Clarence btw?

qwazy quackers. 

The PBI wants the military to immediately arrest and / or execute the “enemies” listed in their declaration. Their lists of enemies include “the Vatican,” and “operatives in the media, government, and society.”

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Might as well stick a fork in the American Experiment and figure out how life will be in an authoritarian theocracy.  

This experiment has had more forks stuck in it recently than a Saturday night at the Melting Pot.

9 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Is there more to it? Or was that it?

Yeah the wife of a supreme court justice is texting the Chief of Staff of the POTUS supporting the overthrow of our form of government but "pffffft what's the big deal?" 

Myopia View your table for four is ready

• Plus1 4