The Republican Utopia

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Yeah the wife of a supreme court justice is texting the Chief of Staff of the POTUS supporting the overthrow of our form of government but "pffffft what's the big deal?" 

Myopia View your table for four is ready

That’s an incredibly dramatic breakdown of the texts in that CBS news video. Maybe there’s more to it. She seems to think Biden stole the election, but there didn’t appear to be any attempt to strategize, etc. It’s definitely a bad look all involved, no doubt there.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 3

More on why this matters and that Judge Thomas's non-recusal and ruling to uphold Trump's executive privilege claims may be more indepth then we know.

Justice Thomas’ failed attempt to uphold Trump’s (and therefore Meadows’) insanely broad privilege claims might have had the effect of making it clear that Meadows had destroyed privileged communications that would be covered by the ongoing January 6 grand jury investigation.

It’s not just embarrassing texts involving his spouse that Justice Thomas could have covered up with his participation in that decision. It is also potential criminal obstruction exposure because Meadows replaced his phone.

Particularly given the big gap in texts in what Meadows turned over between November 24 and January 10, those might be far more important than the crazypants things Ginni said.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

Lol at the 3 Stooges

What's pathetically hypocritical is that Mitch voted for Ketanji Brown Jackson for her Federal appointment. 

Also, I'm sure most of the GOP only see Ketanji Brown Jackson as 3/5ths of a judge anyway. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 4
34 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

What's pathetically hypocritical is that Mitch voted for Ketanji Brown Jackson for her Federal appointment. 

Also, I'm sure most of the GOP only see Ketanji Brown Jackson as 3/5ths of a judge anyway. 

I’m quite sure you will be looking into all the Dems who voted against Kav Gorsuch and Barrett and make the same claim as in your first paragraph.   Looking forward to that post. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m quite sure you will be looking into all the Dems who voted against Kav Gorsuch and Barrett and make the same claim as in your first paragraph.   Looking forward to that post. 

Did they hold up a supreme court nomination for a bulls#!t reason and then do a complete 180 to push a Justice throught when it was their party's nomination?

McConnel is absolute bottom of the barrel scum as far as politicians go. He's been on the wrong side of history far too often. I'm not sure why you would even insinuate a defense for him.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, ZRod said:
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Did they hold up a supreme court nomination for a bulls#!t reason and then do a complete 180 to push a Justice throught when it was their party's nomination?

No because they weren’t in charge.   Harry and Chuck would have done the exact same thing so let’s not get all Pius here about those folks.  

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

McConnel is absolute bottom of the barrel scum as far as politicians go. He's been on the wrong side of history far too often. I'm not sure why you would even insinuate a defense for him.

That’s strictly a matter of opinion.  If you want to voice your opinion on specific historical matters please share 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, ZRod said:

Yup the did. Elections have consequences. And all politicians are scum. Very few exceptions.

• Plus1 1