The Republican Utopia

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If Joe loses in 2024 (which we both hope is done by someone better than both Trump or Biden), let's see how Joe reacts.

There's so much here embedded within your last 2 posts that I really don't feel like spending time going back and forth about, so I'll just point this out:

I think it's hilarious how Hillary lost and has claimed ever since that Trump's victory in 2016 was illegitimate, and that complete fabrication was accepted as fact and reported on with glee non-stop for much of the entirety of Trump's presidency, even after it was shown to be BS. 

Then Trump makes a similar claim in 2020 about why he lost, and all of a sudden the corporate media, govt officials, and anti-trumpers are concerned about "disinformation" and "democracy being in peril"

What's MORE hilarious: there were MORE Democrats who objected to certifying MORE states for the 2016 election than Republicans did in 2020. Somehow their concern for "democracy" were irrelevant just 4 years earlier. 

But y'know, facts and feelings and such.... 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I can understand your sentiment about Trump, but to vote for Biden... He's corrupt and immoral in every way they claimed Trump was with hordes of evidence to prove it, and isn't even sentient. That's the part I really do not understand...

You can put Biden and Trump side by side in both prepared and extemporaneous speeches and Joe is by far the more sentient. But whatever. Corruption and immorality? I personally think Trump and his entire cabinet, entourage and enablers are among the worst in history, but if it's that important to you,  I'll give you a wash. If it's a contest between the creepiest incest story, everyone loses, right? 

Now if you look at the policies -- the part that really counts -- Donald Trump's rescinding every Obama era action is based almost entirely on spite. Biden's re-instatement of these policies are what he was elected to do. Funny part is, these are not the policies of the radical left. That's the bait you guys keep swallowing. They are generally middle-of-the-road policies that used to get bipartisan support because they reached down to assist the the lower tiers of society (more voters) without threatening the business class (more money.)  That's really the uni-party of which you speak. 

It's an old-school Big Government/Pro Business formula that absolutely plays both sides against the middle, and because it's defined America for about 80 years, it's easy to see why people would vote for Biden -- the closest thing to Obama -- rather than the party willing to set the whole house on fire to settle personal scores while inviting some of the most idiotic, anti-science, anti-evidence, bats#!t conspiracy theorists into the tent.  Last year, they officially became The Base. 

I think we're overdue for a disruption of our two-party system, but Donald Trump -- and frankly Ron DeSantis -- mobilizing an ugly, ill-informed, nationalist crowd that now feels entitled to reject any election that doesn't go their way is going to be a different and worse one-party rule. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You can put Biden and Trump side by side in both prepared and extemporaneous speeches and Joe is by far the more sentient. But whatever. Corruption and immorality? I personally think Trump and his entire cabinet, entourage and enablers are among the worst in history, but if it's that important to you,  I'll give you a wash. If it's a contest between the creepiest incest story, everyone loses, right? 

Now if you look at the policies -- the part that really counts -- Donald Trump's rescinding every Obama era action is based almost entirely on spite. Biden's re-instatement of these policies are what he was elected to do. Funny part is, these are not the policies of the radical left. That's the bait you guys keep swallowing. They are generally middle-of-the-road policies that used to get bipartisan support because they reached down to assist the the lower tiers of society (more voters) without threatening the business class (more money.)  That's really the uni-party of which you speak. 

It's an old-school Big Government/Pro Business formula that absolutely plays both sides against the middle, and because it's defined America for about 80 years, it's easy to see why people would vote for Biden -- the closest thing to Obama -- rather than the party willing to set the whole house on fire to settle personal scores while inviting some of the most idiotic, anti-science, anti-evidence, bats#!t conspiracy theorists into the tent.  Last year, they officially became The Base. 

I think we're overdue for a disruption of our two-party system, but Donald Trump -- and frankly Ron DeSantis -- mobilizing an ugly, ill-informed, nationalist crowd that now feels entitled to reject any election that doesn't go their way is going to be a different and worse one-party rule. 

Regarding the bolded: You don't feel like that's what Trump was elected to do?.... Basically his entire campaign made it perfectly clear that he was going to get rid of as much Obama policy as possible, and that's what the voters elected him to do... And IMO he didn't do NEAR enough...

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
17 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

There's so much here embedded within your last 2 posts that I really don't feel like spending time going back and forth about, so I'll just point this out:

I think it's hilarious how Hillary lost and has claimed ever since that Trump's victory in 2016 was illegitimate, and that complete fabrication was accepted as fact and reported on with glee non-stop for much of the entirety of Trump's presidency, even after it was shown to be BS. 

Then Trump makes a similar claim in 2020 about why he lost, and all of a sudden the corporate media, govt officials, and anti-trumpers are concerned about "disinformation" and "democracy being in peril"

What's MORE hilarious: there were MORE Democrats who objected to certifying MORE states for the 2016 election than Republicans did in 2020. Somehow their concern for "democracy" were irrelevant just 4 years earlier. 

But y'know, facts and feelings and such.... 

How much damage was done to the capital during the Hillary insurrection and how many people died?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Republicans are still in a massive identity crisis if Ron DeSantis is being hailed as the return to reasonable conservativism.

The same guy who hounds against big government and yet tried to push a statewide ban on mask mandates? The same guy who went out of his way to retaliate against a Fortune 500 company for exercising their right to free speech? The same guy who chases relatively non-existent issues like CRT instruction in school while his constituents face real issues like outrage property rental spikes?

If he could stop acting like a partisan simpleton for two minutes then he might be worth considering but he's about as unappealing as Trump, minus the incoherent bouts of inane babbling Trump is prone to.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
50 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Not sure what country you were living in, but here in America there was a peaceful transfer of power in 2017 with all parties in attendance. I read pretty much every Democrat post-mortem, and I don't recall any complete fabrication being accepted as fact. I did hear a lot about the fact that Hillary won 3 million more votes but was denied the office by the electoral college, the need to revisit the electoral system, interference from Russia, blah, blah, blah, but nothing remotely close to a movement to declare the Trump Presidency illegitimate.

I do remember genuine shock that Trump had won, but very little denial. Far more conversations about why the Democrats ran their least-liked candidate against the most beatable Republican, some horrible campaign decisions by the Clinton team, and what Trump's victory said about America. You can find a few people who thought Hillary should run again to right this wrong. But not many. The party immediately put her out to pasture. 

People love to say "all politicians are crooked" because it's an easy out. But to think Hunter Biden and hair-sniffing evens things out is pretty sloppy false equivalency. It should in no way be baffling that marginally more Americans voted for Joe Biden over Donald Trump. 

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Regarding the bolded: You don't feel like that's what Trump was elected to do?.... Basically his entire campaign made it perfectly clear that he was going to get rid of as much Obama policy as possible, and that's what the voters elected him to do... And IMO he didn't do NEAR enough...

Oh I don't disagree with that. I'm just saying Donald Trump never had an original idea of his own, or a replacement policy to offer the people. You just told him what his enemy did and he would do the opposite. Plenty of those policies were perfectly reasonable and would have had Republican support back in that simpler time when America was Great. 

I guess Trump's most original idea was Build The Wall!, a proposal that was 98% symbolic and did not adhere to any known cost/benefit ratio. Republicans used to hate that kind of Big Governement/Social Engineering boondoggle, but this one came with the kind of anti-immigrant sentiment that has long led empires down a really bad path. 

I don't think we can afford to be that stupid, but some folks think it's great fun. 

• Plus1 4
10 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Oh I don't disagree with that. I'm just saying Donald Trump never had an original idea of his own, or a replacement policy to offer the people. You just told him what his enemy did and he would do the opposite. Plenty of those policies were perfectly reasonable and would have had Republican support back in that simpler time when America was Great. 

I guess Trump's most original idea was Build The Wall!, a proposal that was 98% symbolic and did not adhere to any known cost/benefit ratio. Republicans used to hate that kind of Big Governement/Social Engineering boondoggle, but this one came with the kind of anti-immigrant sentiment that has long led empires down a really bad path. 

I don't think we can afford to be that stupid, but some folks think it's great fun. 

My explanation would sound similar regarding the excessive spending. It's probably the #1 reason why I didn't vote for him in 2020

• Plus1 2

46 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Are you saying January 6th didn’t happen?  Or, there was one similar or worse in 2016?

I'm saying the way it's been characterized in the press is nowhere close to reality... To be clear, anybody who assaulted or killed someone that day should be held accountable, including the cop that shot the unarmed girl, I forget her name. 

If those people actually wanted to overturn the election and were serious about it, they would have brought weapons. Most of them were just dummies that walked right into a trap that Democrats, the FBI, and even some Republicans such as the turtle wanted them to fall into so they could use it as political leverage for the next 4 years. 

The main error those people made was thinking that the Capitol is the people's house. It's not. It's the criminals lair.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I'm saying the way it's been characterized in the press is nowhere close to reality... To be clear, anybody who assaulted or killed someone that day should be held accountable, including the cop that shot the unarmed girl, I forget her name. 

If those people actually wanted to overturn the election and were serious about it, they would have brought weapons. Most of them were just dummies that walked right into a trap that Democrats, the FBI, and even some Republicans such as the turtle wanted them to fall into so they could use it as political leverage for the next 4 years. 

The main error those people made was thinking that the Capitol is the people's house. It's not. It's the criminals lair.

Wow…..

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2