The Republican Utopia

33 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I don't think "domestic supply of infants" is a stat and I'm guessing it was never brought up by our Founding Fathers. 

You might not have clicked on the twitter link to read where he Jackhole got the info for his tweet. Those would be stats in there.  

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don’t care. Being happy there are more infants available for adoption is just weird. 

Being happy they have a chance of being adopted instead of being medical waste is not weird.   But it’s cool that you don’t care about someone being honest when you post their thoughts.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, teachercd said:

I wonder why Ds running for President don’t encourage people to move and use the system to their advantage.  It would benefit them so much. 

They certainly could, but you'd be asking portions of the population to buck a 5 decade trend of moving to cities for more opportunities - something happening in nearly every country and region in the world.

It's not easy to sell people to give up their careers or aspirations to packup and move to Cheyenne, Wyoming or Bismarck, ND where their previous job or field of study may not exist.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

They certainly could, but you'd be asking portions of the population to buck a 5 decade trend of moving to cities for more opportunities - something happening in nearly every country and region in the world.

It's not easy to sell people to give up their careers or aspirations to packup and move to Cheyenne, Wyoming or Bismarck, ND where their previous job or field of study may not exist.

Yeah, I get that but with so many remote jobs we could see a population shift, maybe.

Who knows, it was just a thought.

34 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, I get that but with so many remote jobs we could see a population shift, maybe.

Who knows, it was just a thought.

I think people will still move to areas with better weather and more cool things to do. That means a population shift to bigger cities in better climates. Companies will have more remote working, but it will shift to a flex work environment where a central location will be used a few days a week. 

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think people will still move to areas with better weather and more cool things to do. That means a population shift to bigger cities in better climates. Companies will have more remote working, but it will shift to a flex work environment where a central location will be used a few days a week. 

I think the south east will see a population explosion.  It is already cheap to live there.

I also think NW Omaha will see a big population gain because of me!

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
On 5/6/2022 at 5:11 PM, JJ Husker said:

But my point is, how is your way any better? Are you getting the results you want, and if not, why not? Are you changing anything? In action, is there any difference at all between voting for your best possible candidate when you and I both know they won’t actually win or voting for the lesser of two evils, one of which is going to win?

My way is inherently dependent on people pulling their heads out of their asses which, by default, makes it better ;). I personally think there's a huge difference between voting for who you think is best for the job vs. the lesser of the two evils.

So is that everybody else’s fault because they’re doing it wrong?

Not "everybody," but a significant majority of voters yes.

Sorry but a vote for a person that is going to lose is a wasted vote.

It really isn't though - voting for who you think is best for the job, even if that candidate is going to lose is inherently and fundamentally democratic. Powerful political parties always try to convince you otherwise.

All I'm saying is that our issues generally lie at the foundation of the political process itself and that's where votes and the system really need change.

• Plus1 1