The Republican Utopia

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I remember that. Americans wouldn't do the work in the fields, so they tried to force convicts to do the work, but they trashed the crop and did a horrible job. 

What's stupid is they know "illegals" are a crucial part of the workforce. This is all performance art. 

18 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

I believe the phrase is "temporarily embarrassed millionaires."

Well clearly it was because he was OUR guy!

(I too will never understand the sheer amount of willful ignorance and cognitive dissonance that had to occur for good-natured Nebraskan to flock to the cult of Trump. Clearly not as many did so last time.) :)

Eh, not so clearly. Biden may have won, but Donald Trump got 10 million more voters than he did in 2016. Now Nebraskans are trying to decide which gubernatorial candidate is the most Trump-llke, or possibly worse. 

15 hours ago, Scarlet said:

How many who were formally in Trump's inner circle have said exactly this, that he is threat to democracy?  And yet there are millions of mouth breathers in our country who would vote him back into office.  It's just baffling.  These people need to actually spend time in authoritarian countries with eyes wide open and see the disparity of the privileged and everyone else.   They'd never make it a day though.  

I totally agree, but I get the narrative. Everyone seems to agree that politicians are self-serving hypocrites, and bureaucrats are the bane of our existence, and they see Trump as the outlier. All he has to do is blame the politicians and bureaucrats for failing to fulfill his vision (even if he appointed them) and claim the equally distrusted media is on a fake news witch hunt, and his followers can justify anything. He makes largely powerless folks feel like they're soldiers on a mission against powerful enemies.They don't notice they're in the pot of warm water that's slowly boiling.  

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

And minors :lol: I still have scars from detassling.

I'll bet you miss those crazy humid mornings walking through the corn at 7am when it was wet from aspiration. First pass through the field you're soaked to the bone, sticky & muddy.

What a great way to start the day.