The Republican Utopia

Watergate was about the cover up, where knowledge of the two bit political crime went all the way to the top: Nixon. 

But the crime itself was breaking into Larry O'Brien's office -- then chair of the DNC -- looking for dirt to use in the campaign. Small potatoes? Or not? 

What we really need to remember today is that Larry O'Brien went on to become Commissioner of the NBA, and the Larry O'Brien trophy is awarded every year to the NBA Champions.

Go Warriors!

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Watergate was about the cover up, where knowledge of the two bit political crime went all the way to the top: Nixon. 

But the crime itself was breaking into Larry O'Brien's office -- then chair of the DNC -- looking for dirt to use in the campaign. Small potatoes? Or not? 

What we really need to remember today is that Larry O'Brien went on to become Commissioner of the NBA, and the Larry O'Brien trophy is awarded every year to the NBA Champions.

Go Warriors!

I think the real question is...how badly would the bulls teams of the 90's beat the warriors?  

Haha

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

8 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's impossible to crush my groove today, but nice try. 

Hahaha!

I know I know...there is no chance that Scottie Pip, one of the best defenders ever and 5 inches taller than Steph...could ever guard him.  

I still can't imagine the insane matchup advantages the Bulls would have, just length alone. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, teachercd said:

Hahaha!

I know I know...there is no chance that Scottie Pip, one of the best defenders ever and 5 inches taller than Steph...could ever guard him.  

I still can't imagine the insane matchup advantages the Bulls would have, just length alone. 

Interesting idea but length doesn't mean all that much if it sacrifices mobility. The Warriors win because A. pretty much everyone on that team can drain 3's but also drive the lane with massive success, and B. they play great fundamental unselfish team basketball. If Scottie got switched onto Steph, he'd have to guard him 28 feet out, and if Steph gets around him then somebody's collapsing then somebody's open.

Shutting down one player is worthless against the Warriors, you have to play disciplined committed smart team defense. I think it'd be a good series.

4 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Interesting idea but length doesn't mean all that much if it sacrifices mobility. The Warriors win because A. pretty much everyone on that team can drain 3's but also drive the lane with massive success, and B. they play great fundamental unselfish team basketball. If Scottie got switched onto Steph, he'd have to guard him 28 feet out, and if Steph gets around him then somebody's collapsing then somebody's open.

Shutting down one player is worthless against the Warriors, you have to play disciplined committed smart team defense. I think it'd be a good series.

Oh for sure, but we are talking about Pip, 6'8 and MJ 6'6...both those guys are all and long and amazing defenders.

Also...to keep it on topic, it is amazing that both these teams come from super heavy D cities.  . 

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, teachercd said:

You don't have to imagine. Every opponent in the playoffs had size and length advantages on the Warriors. They all lost to the Warriors. In most games they were out-rebounded. The Celtics were ranked one of the best defenses in recent years; younger, more athletic, tenacious, length advantages across the board. They lost to the Warriors because the Warriors are a better team. 

If basketball was played with a tape measure, maybe. 

But you can't measure heart, Teach. 

Just remember, your girlfriends were younger and prettier in 1997, too. 

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You don't have to imagine. Every opponent in the playoffs had size and length advantages on the Warriors. They all lost to the Warriors. In most games they were out-rebounded. The Celtics were ranked one of the best defenses in recent years; younger, more athletic, tenacious, length advantages across the board. They lost to the Warriors because the Warriors are a better team. 

If basketball was played with a tape measure, maybe. 

But you can't measure heart, Teach. 

Just remember, your girlfriends were younger and prettier in 1997, too. 

Are you really trying to compare this Celtics team to the Bulls Dynasty? The bulls teams literally have three of the best defensive players of all time in Pippen Jordan and Rodman. Then they have the best offensive player of all time in Jordan. And with no inside presence to speak of for the Warriors there’s no reason to double on anything.… Into your other point in the 90s I was boming20-year-olds and that’s what I still bone today ;) 

But to keep this on topic… Steve Kerr very outspoken about political issues.

• Plus1 1

To keep this on topic....The Republican Utopia seeks to diminish the Warriors due to Steve Kerr's outspoken political views, but the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics has shown precisely how the Warriors would have taken notorious white supremacist Jerry Krause's Chicago Bulls down in 7 games. It would have been a close series, so there's nothing for Michael Jordan to feel bad about. The fact that Dennis Rodman and Donald Trump share a similar relationship with Kim Jung Un really adds nothing to the conversation, so let's drop it. 

• Haha 1