The Republican Utopia

46 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Nope...no reason to re-evaluate.

You must have missed the part where the press isn't even allowed to interview people at their hotels.  

And....the press must submit the footage to the campaigns.

Sorry......that is not a free press and.....that doesn't have anything to do with a private event.  These idiots are campaigning to be elected to public life and they are scared of the press and don't give a s#!t about the constitution.  

So by your standard of “freedom of the press”, we should all be outraged that every single second of Husker football and basketball can’t be covered and filmed by anyone in the press.  It’s a public institution after all and no one should have a right to say no to the press.  

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

So by your standard of “freedom of the press”, we should all be outraged that every single second of Husker football and basketball can’t be covered and filmed by anyone in the press.  It’s a public institution after all and no one should have a right to say no to the press.  

You are so far off on this comparison it's not funny.

First off, the comparison of reporting on a college football team compared to two guys who aspire to be powerful people in our government....is laughable.

But, I'll play along.  If they want this strict of control over the press, just ban the press from the event.....like Husker football does at most practices.

As far as talking to attendees, that would be akin to telling the press in Lincoln that they are not allowed to interview fans sitting in the stands on Saturday. If you want to try to continue to act like it's similar to interviewing players, the press does not have to agree to anything of the sort.  The program makes players available.  There's a huge difference.  The press can try to contact the players outside these set up interviews.  But, the program has literally no power over if they do or not. 

AND.....any reporter can interview anyone around the program all they want and they are not required to submit the footage to the program for approval.  Do they do that sometimes?  Sure....when they we working together on a story.  Do you honestly think that national reporters that come to town to cover the program agrees to all of this?  Hell no, they are going to interview whomever they want that agrees to it and to hell with submitting footage.

Your analogy is laughable at best.  It's a pathetic try at defending a guy you support so heavily and think would be a great President...even though he supports pieces of s#!t like Vance and either doesn't understand or doesn't care about the constitution.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

First off, the comparison of reporting on a college football team compared to two guys who aspire to be powerful people in our government....is laughable

It’s not….because “freedom of the press” doesn’t just refer to political press.  

But, I'll play along.  If they want this strict of control over the press, just ban the press from the event.....like Husker football does at most practices.

Why, they have the rules for covering the event.  Press can either abide by them or not cover the event.  Press is also free to interview whoever is willing outside of the event.  

AND.....any reporter can interview anyone around the program all they want and they are not required to submit the footage to the program for approval.  Do they do that sometimes? 

Hmmm…I agree and same goes for the event.  Funny how that is.  

t's a pathetic try at defending a guy you support so heavily and think would be a great President

Wrong

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
56 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s not….because “freedom of the press” doesn’t just refer to political press.  

Why, they have the rules for covering the event.  Press can either abide by them or not cover the event.  Press is also free to interview whoever is willing outside of the event.  

Hmmm…I agree and same goes for the event.  Funny how that is.  

Wrong

Wrong. Nowhere close to the same thing. 

But, you keep pumping a guy that’s scared of the press and campaigns with a piece of s#!t. 

You do you. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, mrandyk said:

Christ you are dumb. Why can't I watch Biden sleep tonight? Holy s#!t.

No reason to resort to personnel attacks.  

As to your question….I surmise it’s because Joe Biden doesn’t allow himself to be on camera while sleeping nor do most people.   Freedom of the press doesn’t extend to that.  Nor does it extend to mandating a private event allow every press person in.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No reason to resort to personnel attacks.  

As to your question….I surmise it’s because Joe Biden doesn’t allow himself to be on camera while sleeping nor do most people.   Freedom of the press doesn’t extend to that.  Nor does it extend to mandating a private event allow every press person in.  

I was slow to change my mind on the message and asked for it to be deleted. I do apologize.

You had said that all facets of Husker athletics should be public because they are a state funded entity. We also pay for the presidency. None of this is related to the first amendment, so I don't know why you made that correlation in the first place.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

You had said that all facets of Husker athletics should be public because they are a state funded entity.

No, I said by his logic…..I actually don’t think all facets should demanded to be made public unless it’s FOIA.  That would be silly.   Just like saying a private event that didn’t allow certain press is anti constitutional because it violates freedom of the press.  

• Plus1 1