The Republican Utopia

I've had a hard time following this stunt by Desantis. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like most of the migrants involved were following the established policy to become a legal resident via political asylum from Venezuela? Thus, making them legal immigrants? People who are authorized to work in the US, meaning they have SSNs and are paying their share of taxes?

Most of the response I have seen has been laughing about sending "illegals" to a rich part of the country, then acting like that state is awful for housing/feeding them while setting them up to become productive members of society. Am I missing something?

• Plus1 4

6 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

I've had a hard time following this stunt by Desantis. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like most of the migrants involved were following the established policy to become a legal resident via political asylum from Venezuela? Thus, making them legal immigrants? People who are authorized to work in the US, meaning they have SSNs and are paying their share of taxes?

Most of the response I have seen has been laughing about sending "illegals" to a rich part of the country, then acting like that state is awful for housing/feeding them while setting them up to become productive members of society. Am I missing something?

You've pretty much got it correct. Desantis spent his state's money to get these people aboard an airplane (via lies), have them touch down for a hot minute in Florida, then sent them up to Martha's Vineyard. Not because he needed to, but for a political stunt.

The "chef's kiss" is the shrugging of shoulders from the Desantis supporters, even after they find out the immigrants' papers were altered without their knowledge or consent, making it likely that many of them will be deported because of Desantis' stunt.

As if it's OK to hurt POC as long as you can pretend you owned the libs.

You'd think it unbelievable, but his cheerleaders are right here on this board.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

The "chef's kiss" is the shrugging of shoulders from the Desantis supporters, even after they find out the immigrants' papers were altered without their knowledge or consent, making it likely that many of them will be deported because of Desantis' stunt.

Who altered the papers and how? 

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

You'd think it unbelievable, but his cheerleaders are right here on this board.

Oh yeah!

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

You Must be talking about NE Liberal Govs b!^@hing about illegals going their way from the South I guess.

Its amazing you all get so bent out of shape and cry major rivers over illegals going places outside of TX, AZ, and FL :dunno

No….just no.  I’d like to have more in Nebraska if I can hire them.  No problem at all. 

Fact is, the governor you love is a piece of s#!t. But, I guess when you vote for trump twice, that’s what you like. 

• Plus1 5

15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No….just no.  I’d like to have more in Nebraska if I can hire them.  No problem at all. 

Fact is, the governor you love is a piece of s#!t. But, I guess when you vote for trump twice, that’s what you like. 

Such a bad Governor that so many want to move there.  :lol:

https://tampabayedc.com/news/florida-ranks-1-in-net-migration-for-fifth-consecutive-year/

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2