The Republican Utopia

9 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

This is a completely legitimate political candidate and is in no way a weird cult where the leader is a historic moron and grifter. To those who say we need to treat this political movement with the mocking and derision it allegedly deserves, I say STOP it.

That is scary actually.  These people are brainwashed. 

12 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

No….just no.  I’d like to have more in Nebraska if I can hire them.  No problem at all. 

Fact is, the governor you love is a piece of s#!t. But, I guess when you vote for trump twice, that’s what you like. 

Yeah, I guess I was completely unaware that illegal immigrants can't be found anywhere outside of border states. I guess it must have been fake news every time they raided a plant and found undocumented workers in good old Nebraska. I guess the people in the state I'm in now who are picked up must not really be here illegally.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

16 hours ago, knapplc said:

You've pretty much got it correct. Desantis spent his state's money to get these people aboard an airplane (via lies), have them touch down for a hot minute in Florida, then sent them up to Martha's Vineyard. Not because he needed to, but for a political stunt.

The "chef's kiss" is the shrugging of shoulders from the Desantis supporters, even after they find out the immigrants' papers were altered without their knowledge or consent, making it likely that many of them will be deported because of Desantis' stunt.

As if it's OK to hurt POC as long as you can pretend you owned the libs.

You'd think it unbelievable, but his cheerleaders are right here on this board.

Thanks for confirming. It wasn't adding up for me, but I guess I underestimated the depravity of brain-dead racists. 

• Plus1 3

Sadists gonna sadist.  Imagine identifying with this Desantis cuck all the while masquerading and parading as a Christian.  The worst kind of hypocrite. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/newsletters/archive/2022/09/a-sadistic-immigration-stunt/671470/?utm_source=apple_news

The Florida governor’s cartoonish assumption, apparently, was that liberal Bay Staters are just as racist as the Republican MAGA-base voters he’s trying to woo, and that they would prove it by reacting with outrage when a bunch of Latin Americans showed up on their doorstep. (He even sent a videographer, in the hopes of capturing the Vineyarders getting the vapors.)

This bizarre miscalculation probably won’t help DeSantis much. As the journalist Josh Marshall said this morning, in politics, “weird can sometimes be worse than wrong.” In any case, the show was a fizzle: The locals provided the migrants with food and shelter, and sent students from an AP Spanish class at the local high school as translators.

I’m proud of my fellow New Englanders for their reaction to DeSantis’s inane showboating. And yet, I consider myself an immigration hawk. I am the grandson of immigrants on both sides of my family, and I cherish and celebrate immigration—but I also believe in law and order. I was a young conservative working in Washington, and I winced when Ronald Reagan signed the Simpson-Mazzoli Act, the amnesty of 1986 that was supposed to solve much of our immigration problem.

I am against illegal immigration. But I am against the intentional tormenting of other human beings—especially children—even more. If my choice is the current mess or an immigration system run by ruthless opportunists such as Ron DeSantis—a man dancing on a chain while Tucker Carlson cranks the racist street organ—it’s not even close: I’ll stick with what we have. And I will never support anything, in any way, that runs the risk of handing power to people like DeSantis or his MAGA base.

• Plus1 2
17 hours ago, knapplc said:

The "chef's kiss" is the shrugging of shoulders from the Desantis supporters, even after they find out the immigrants' papers were altered without their knowledge or consent, making it likely that many of them will be deported because of Desantis' stunt.

Bump…..who allegedly altered the immigrants papers and where is the link to the source of the rumor. 

• Plus1 1