The Republican Utopia

21 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

This says a lot about the citizens of Florida. They aren't going to punish those Senators for their vote. 

My opinion is - if both your state Senators vote against something, why do the rest of the states force it on them? If Senators Scott and Rubio want to treat votes as a theater, we should not allow federal dollars to be forced into a state that doesn't want it. The citizens of Florida can decide on the next election if they want relief money for the next hurricane that wallops them. 

Here is the explanation from Rick Scott.

https://www.rickscott.senate.gov/2022/9/sen-rick-scott-sets-record-straight-on-misleading-liberal-attacks

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/27/2022 at 10:55 AM, Dr. Strangelove said:

It is funny. But, if the people of Missouri wanted poor kids to have food, they'd vote differently. 

The people of Missouri elect politicians that enact the legislation they desire, as such, my blame is squarely on them. 

I pretty much agree, but as someone above pointed out they are being blinded by a ginned-up culture war and many may not fully realize the line-item issues the GOP warriors are enacting (or more likely, killing) that they probably don't agree with. It's a sacrifice they make to keep America from becoming San Francisco or Venezuela. 

When Americans are polled on issues, and the dog-whistle language is removed, the nation leans strongly progressive.

A lot of blame to go around on this one. 

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

These people sit around and trash law enforcement (FBI) when they investigate their Dear Leader for attacking America. Then, say this. 

To be honest a crack head might get their faster...

6 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

I only stream tv to watch sports, but I have notice there have been zero Tudor ads and basically only one Whitmer ad. It's really weird. The other add is one saying the abortion amendment is too confusing, when if you actually read it couldn't be more clear.

The line about pot holes is comical because she actually did follow through on that promis (though the repairs started under Rick Snyder). There is a metric s#!t tone of road construction here, and this is the best the roads have been since I lived in the state. I thought I was in post gulf war Bagdad when I first moved here. Like 6 foot wide 2 foot deep pots holes everywhere on main artery roads. It was horrible. My car is so messed up with road rash from all the grave they made, and My windshield is f#&%ed.

7 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I pretty much agree, but as someone above pointed out they are being blinded by a ginned-up culture war and many may not fully realize the line-item issues the GOP warriors are enacting (or more likely, killing) that they probably don't agree with. It's a sacrifice they make to keep America from becoming San Francisco or Venezuela. 

When Americans are polled on issues, and the dog-whistle language is removed, the nation leans strongly progressive.

A lot of blame to go around on this one. 

I agree, however, it's high time to start treating Republican voters as adults and not like blinded children incapable of differentiating culture war nonsense from real problems. 

Start giving them what they want. If their politicians don't want disaster relief, don't provide it. If they don't want food stamps, Medicare, or other government programs they consider a waste, don't give it to them. 

Let's stop dragging Republican states forward kicking and screaming. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
11 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

He voted against the CR - which contained $18 Billion of FEMA funding - because he thinks government in general is a waste. It's his own moronic fault. 

It would've taken longer on a legislative calendar to vote for it as a stand alone bill, and the politicians know it. However, the voters in Florida think Gubmint is bad, so their politicians vote against funding it.

I say my tax money shouldn't bail out their poor choices, let the citizens of Florida pick themselves up by their bootstraps.

• Plus1 4