The Republican Utopia

11 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow….

she really stands out as within minutes of the power going out she was posting she knew why the grid was down and she posted pics of the theater where the show was supposed to be.   and many far right people were celebrating online.  apparently they all knew ahead of time to have their generators ready at that time.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I honestly can't figure out why military people vote for this.

How's that manly man's, testosterone ladened military doing for Russia? 

And you're right.  Imagine being in one of the special forces units and having Republicans constantly telling you you're weak.  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Scarlet said:

How's that manly man's, testosterone ladened military doing for Russia? 

And you're right.  Imagine being in one of the special forces units and having Republicans constantly telling you you're weak.  

Or just any soldier just getting out of basic training....then being told stuff like this by people who never even served.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Snowflake..

Can someone explain it to me like I'm in second grade?  How is protecting same-sex and bi-racial marriage an attack on religious freedom?

If two people fill out a marriage-license issued by state government, how is religion involved at all? 

13 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Can someone explain it to me like I'm in second grade?  How is protecting same-sex and bi-racial marriage an attack on religious freedom?

If two people fill out a marriage-license issued by state government, how is religion involved at all? 

It shouldn't be.  There is a big difference between a marriage within a religion and a legal marriage as it pertains to the government.  For some reason, many Christians don't understand that part.

And, for someone to get this emotional about it, really makes me wonder about her mental wellness.

• TBH 2

You should be able to marry anyone (really anything) you want.

Now, if the faith you follow doesn't agree, well that is an issue "you" have to solve with them.

But as far as getting a marriage license (which also should not be a thing), the government should not have a single restriction.  

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

You should be able to marry anyone (really anything) you want.

Now, if the faith you follow doesn't agree, well that is an issue "you" have to solve with them.

But as far as getting a marriage license (which also should not be a thing), the government should not have a single restriction.  

Marriage license comes with a lot legal benefits. Such as combined taxes and being able to determine medical care for an unconscious spouse.

• Plus1 2