The Republican Utopia

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Akshully it is you that is doing what you accuse me of doing.   My initial post you replied to had nothing to do with irs funding yet you replied to it with a snide comment of “god forbid we don’t fund…”.  It is YOU that took my post in a direction it wasn’t intended and YOU not wanting to an intelligent conversation with god forbid stuff. 

I made a post about how stupid the Republicans are being about funding the IRS.  Nobody had mentioned the IRS in the thread before that.  You then post about the IRS.  It's pretty clear to everyone you posted referring to my post about funding the IRS.  Your argument seemed to be, funding isn't important, reworking the tax code was.

So, my reply to you was appropriate as you were saying the funding issue wasn't important.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

So in summary: we should decrease funding of the IRS while awaiting a simper tax code that will never happen. 

In summary, the left should get a spine and we should change the tax code to something simpler that allows for fewer options at avoidance if you are asking.  

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

In summary, the left should get a spine and we should change the tax code to something simpler that allows for fewer options at avoidance if you are asking.  

trump knew the tax code better than anyone and he and the republicans crafted a better code for everyoner (that was wealthy)

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
6 minutes ago, commando said:

trump knew the tax code better than anyone and he and the republicans crafted a better code for everyoner (that was wealthy)

They were going to get to that right after Infrastructure Week, which was scheduled for the week after they passed their healthcare plan to replace Obamacare. 

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1
30 minutes ago, knapplc said:

They were going to get to that right after Infrastructure Week, which was scheduled for the week after they passed their healthcare plan to replace Obamacare. 

They did pass a healthcare plan out of the House which you are very aware of:thumbs

“Finish the dang fence” McCain was the deciding vote to prevent it from becoming law. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

They did pass a healthcare plan out of the House which you are very aware of:thumbs

“Finish the dang fence” McCain was the deciding vote to prevent it from becoming law. 

This is true.

The House did pass a bill to basically defund "Obamacare".  

I would call it more of a "deficit reduction" bill rather than a "healthcare" bill.  Since the only thing it did to actual healthcare and access to doctors to Americans is make the problems worse.

McCain saved the GOP from a disaster.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Why would you call me Mr. Santos?   

Because you are making $h!t up.

While it is difficult to keep up with the long list of GOP lies, failures, and obfuscations, one of their most well-known failures is that they never had a plan to replace Obamacare. They tried to defund/repeal/dismantle Obamacare, which is what McCain voted against, but the reason he voted against it was because there was no plan to replace. We kept hearing the falsitude for a while that the actual plan was going to come out a few weeks later, but it never did. 

• Plus1 7
17 minutes ago, funhusker said:

This is true.

The House did pass a bill to basically defund "Obamacare".  

I would call it more of a "deficit reduction" bill rather than a "healthcare" bill.  Since the only thing it did to actual healthcare and access to doctors to Americans is make the problems worse.

McCain saved the GOP from a disaster.

You actually are verifiably wrong on this.  

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Ulty said:

While it is difficult to keep up with the long list of GOP lies, failures, and obfuscations, one of their most well-known failures is that they never had a plan to replace Obamacare. They tried to defund/repeal/dismantle Obamacare, which is what McCain voted against, but the reason he voted against it was because there was no plan to replace. We kept hearing the falsitude for a while that the actual plan was going to come out a few weeks later, but it never did. 

Exactly.  The only thing they wanted to do was get rid of Obamacare.  They offered no ideas on how to replace it to actually improve our healthcare system.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Feel free to pick your source.  And feel free to quit lying about other posters and dispense with the name calling with other posters.  It’s against board rules and unbecoming.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/republicans-plan-health-care-vote-on-thursday-capping-weeks-of-fits-and-starts/2017/05/03/e7dd7c28-306d-11e7-9dec-764dc781686f_story.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/04/us/politics/health-care-bill-vote.amp.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna754801

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/331937-house-passes-obamacare-repeal/amp/

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

They offered no ideas on how to replace it to actually improve our healthcare system.

You are verifiably incorrect too

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

From the Washpo article.

The House bill would shift power to states to set important health insurance rules. And it would end the ACA’s subsidies for eligible people who buy health plans through marketplaces created under the law, creating and substituting new tax credits. The measure also would rescind several taxes that have helped pay for the law, including ones imposed on Americans with high incomes, health insurers, medical devices and tanning salons.

Among the bill’s more contentious provisions is one that would allow states to let insurers return to their old practice of charging more to customers with preexisting medical problems — a practice that the current law prohibits.

so, yep.  it repealed ACA.

What did they offer to replace it?  They would end subsidies for people buying insurance in the market place.  What are they replacing it with to provide those people health insurance?

Oh....but....those insurance can go back to charging ridiculous amounts for stuff.  

Great job Republicans.  :clap

You've proven my point. They had nothing to offer in replacement.

• Plus1 2