The Republican Utopia

6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Hilarious!

One of the titles in the link is literally "House Passes Obamacare Repeal"

:laughpound

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You actually are verifiably wrong on this.  

There's a line between lying and willful obfuscation, but it doesn't matter because you are straight up full of s#!t.

If by "verifiable" you mean Republicans did something and it was in fact "a thing" I guess you can claim victory in your mind. 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

From the Washpo article.

so, yep.  it repealed ACA.

What did they offer to replace it?  They would end subsidies for people buying insurance in the market place.  What are they replacing it with to provide those people health insurance?

Oh....but....those insurance can go back to charging ridiculous amounts for stuff.  

Great job Republicans.  :clap

You've proven my point. They had nothing to offer in replacement.

Did you conveniently miss or on purposely miss putting the information in about the billions added for people with pre-existing conditions?? 

Did you also purposely ignore the 10% reduction in premiums at year 10? 

Increases HSA contribution limits 

High risk insurance pool funding 

Most of the people who “lose insurance” are those that would choose not to purchase the current (at the time) mandates insurance based on health and price of premiums. So to say 20 million would be kicked of plans is disingenuous framing at best.   

You've disproven your point by not reading the links.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
31 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Hilarious!

One of the titles in the link is literally "House Passes Obamacare Repeal"

:laughpound

Sounds like you didn’t read them either.   I can’t help the news rags headline framing, but felt the need to include the left wing sources so people didn’t cry to hard about the sources.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
28 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

There's a line between lying and willful obfuscation, but it doesn't matter because you are straight up full of s#!t.

If by "verifiable" you mean Republicans did something and it was in fact "a thing" I guess you can claim victory in your mind. 

Verifiable as in it actually happened, has a record of it happening, and can be looked at by checking the World Wide Web.   You sir are the one willfully full of it if you think the House did not pass a repeal and replace bill.  

Links were actually provided.  One would assume those news sources were of your liking, but in todays world of disagreeing with everything I post just to disagree but with no merit, I guess I shouldn’t assume anymore.   

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

From the Washpo article.

so, yep.  it repealed ACA.

What did they offer to replace it?  They would end subsidies for people buying insurance in the market place.  What are they replacing it with to provide those people health insurance?

Oh....but....those insurance can go back to charging ridiculous amounts for stuff.  

Great job Republicans.  :clap

You've proven my point. They had nothing to offer in replacement.

In defense of @Archy1221 and the last 40 years of the Conservative movement: ending taxes on the wealthy at the expense of the most vulnerable and poorest Americans has been something they openly embrace and they don't even try to hide it!

Whether it's the Robert's Court systemically dismantling voting rights to reduce the power of the voting poor or Congressional Republicans cutting taxes for the wealthy and kneecapping institutions through funding cuts or setting them up to fail, it's been their modus operandi for decades.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3
43 minutes ago, Ulty said:

So before we get into another one of Archy's attempts to muck up a conversation by getting nitpicky about one specific detail (I'm afraid we are already there though), let's remember that this particular point started when he responded to this:

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

They were going to get to that right after Infrastructure Week, which was scheduled for the week after they passed their healthcare plan to replace Obamacare. 

with this:

4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

They did pass a healthcare plan out of the House which you are very aware of:thumbs

So before Ulty gaslights everyone again, let’s remember that the post knapp responded to dealt with someone making a comment about Trump and Republicans changing the tax code or having the chance to.   Now most people understand who initiates tax bills but maybe he/she doesn’t.  Knapp does and made his post accordingly which is why I said what I said.   Nothing I said was wrong yet, Ulty feels the need to gaslight, namecall, and generally get things wrong. The “one particular detail” issssss….kinda an important detail for those wanting to have an honest discussion about what Republicans did and didn’t do in regards to healthcare.  

50 minutes ago, Ulty said:

It is true that the House passed a bill in 2017

I know, I told you about it, yet you still said I was full of s#!t yet now admit it’s true :facepalm: LOL, you really can’t make this stuff up. 

• Plus1 1
54 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Sounds like the way today's GOP handles everything else, honestly. What a bunch of f&*k-ups. The GOP did not have a replacement. In the months and years following this, they still have yet to offer a replacement. The GOP House passed a bill that the GOP-controlled Senate could not pass, even when they changed the plan and changed the rules.

Do you not understand what going to conference means?  Civics 101 

Go on and continue to gaslight though.  Had John McCain voted yes, a new healthcare bill would have been in place  after reconciling the two bills.  

Good Lordy :facepalm:   

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

So before we get into another one of Archy's attempts to muck up a conversation by getting nitpicky about one specific detail (I'm afraid we are already there though), let's remember that this particular point started when he responded to this:

with this:

The general comment and discussion is about Republican's failures and BS, but Archy wants to make it specifically about the House.

It is true that the House passed a bill in 2017, which is what Archy wants to hang his hat on. His links show that. Way to go GOP! But that was not the same bill that McCain voted against. When it got to the Senate, the Republicans changed it, with a plan to defund and dismantle Obamacare, and come out with their replacement plan a couple of months later.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/11/21/recurring-gop-myth-about-john-mccains-no-obamacare-repeal/

Oh yes, there is Archy's boy Rand Paul going to work again.

So the GOP Senator's changed it to repeal, but had no plan for replacement. McCain's concerns are mentioned here:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/obamacare/mccain-hated-obamacare-he-also-saved-it-n904106

and the statement from McCain's office:

https://www.npr.org/2017/07/27/539907467/senate-careens-toward-high-drama-midnight-health-care-vote 

Sounds like the way today's GOP handles everything else, honestly. What a bunch of f&*k-ups. The GOP did not have a replacement. In the months and years following this, they still have yet to offer a replacement. The GOP House passed a bill that the GOP-controlled Senate could not pass, even when they changed the plan and changed the rules. Is this the point you are trying to make, Archy? Is this your defense of the Republicans when it comes to Healthcare. 

This is your Republican Utopia. They have no answers for anything, except chaos and disinformation.

Thanks for putting the brainpower into this well-vetted piece of honesty. 

But once you said "it is true that the House passed a bill" I'm afraid it all bounced off Archy.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 2